About A Text Just Received From My Mate.......

david1806

hi

a couple of weeks ago i received an email from a friend who has been living in LOS for about 10 months (incidentally, he only went for 6...). anyhows, he's telling me he's had enough of the thai madness, woman, and LOS in general. it's his first time living in LOS. so, i read it, and i'm thinking "hoh-hum, OK, we'll see....."

he's just arrived back from thailand, and he's literally just touched down and he's just finished checking out at the airport and i just received a text from him. "boo-hoo, missing thailand already. missing my woman already. wanna go back......" :o:D

i think you get my point :D

d

:D

Post Thailand Depression. Keep him heavily tranquilized, send him home to live with his mother or ex-wife for awhile, buy him a book on reality, and don't let him near the airport. He might never come home.

hi

a couple of weeks ago i received an email from a friend who has been living in LOS for about 10 months (incidentally, he only went for 6...). anyhows, he's telling me he's had enough of the thai madness, woman, and LOS in general. it's his first time living in LOS. so, i read it, and i'm thinking "hoh-hum, OK, we'll see....."

he's just arrived back from thailand, and he's literally just touched down and he's just finished checking out at the airport and i just received a text from him. "boo-hoo, missing thailand already. missing my woman already. wanna go back......" :o:D

i think you get my point :D

d

:D

"the grass is always greener" yada, yada, yada

Expat Reverses Decision To Move Back to Britain After Spotting Hotties in Suvarnbhumi Arrivals Lounge

Before reaching taxi stand,Reading native vows never to return home again

BANGKOK - After spending two weeks assuring his friends and family that his three-week-holiday-turned-three-year-relocation to Thailand was over, Reading native James Cullen suddenly changed him mind today, only three-and-a-half minutes after landing at Suvarnbhumi Airport.

Cullen had spent the previous two weeks drinking in pubs with university mates, reconnecting with his family and enjoying chippies, curries and “lovely” English bacon again. On the last day of his trip, Cullen confided to his overjoyed parents and closest mates that he couldn’t wait to move back to England by the end of the year.

Tears brimming in his eyes, his Dad said, “About time, son.”

A former university roommate confirmed, “He told me he didn’t know what he was doing over there. We were smoking a spliff one night and he was talking about how much he missed the lads here, the football, even the weather and he was gutted he missed his sister’s wedding. ‘I am dead set on coming back,’ he told me.”

The owner of Cullen’s local, The Crow’s Nest, said he had conversed with Cullen daily and spent countless hours confirming to him that “England wasn’t that bad.”

“The night before he left, he came in here and said, ‘See you in a couple months, Roger. I’m through with that place. Time to come home. You keep that stool there for me.’”

Sixty seconds after exiting customs at Suvarnbhumi, Cullen spotted a Thai girl in an extremely short denim skirt and heels at a currency exchange counter and began doubting his decision. Three minutes later, after a sideways glance at two Thai girls in spaghetti strap tops bending over their luggage, Cullen changed his mind entirely vowing never return to Britain if it was the last place on earth. Asked why, he said, “Sweet Jesus, there are a lot of hot girls here.”

http://notthenation.com/pages/news/getnews.php?id=497

Expat Reverses Decision To Move Back to Britain After Spotting Hotties in Suvarnbhumi Arrivals Lounge

BANGKOK - After spending two weeks assuring his friends and family that his three-week-holiday-turned-three-year-relocation to Thailand was over, Reading native James Cullen suddenly changed him mind today, only three-and-a-half minutes after landing at Suvarnbhumi Airport.

Cullen had spent the previous two weeks drinking in pubs with university mates, reconnecting with his family and enjoying chippies, curries and "lovely" English bacon again. On the last day of his trip, Cullen confided to his overjoyed parents and closest mates that he couldn't wait to move back to England by the end of the year.

Tears brimming in his eyes, his Dad said, "About time, son."

A former university roommate confirmed, "He told me he didn't know what he was doing over there. We were smoking a spliff one night and he was talking about how much he missed the lads here, the football, even the weather and he was gutted he missed his sister's wedding. 'I am dead set on coming back,' he told me."

The owner of Cullen's local, The Crow's Nest, said he had conversed with Cullen daily and spent countless hours confirming to him that "England wasn't that bad."

"The night before he left, he came in here and said, 'See you in a couple months, Roger. I'm through with that place. Time to come home. You keep that stool there for me.'"

Sixty seconds after exiting customs at Suvarnbhumi, Cullen spotted a Thai girl in an extremely short denim skirt and heels at a currency exchange counter and began doubting his decision. Three minutes later, after a sideways glance at two Thai girls in spaghetti strap tops bending over their luggage, Cullen changed his mind entirely vowing never return to Britain if it was the last place on earth. Asked why, he said, "Sweet Jesus, there are a lot of hot girls here."

He will fit right in ,.but ill bet his stay will be short lived til hes skint or his girlfriend grows a beard , :o

Cullen had spent the previous two weeks drinking in pubs with university mates, reconnecting with his family and enjoying chippies, curries and "lovely" English bacon again. On the last day of his trip, Cullen confided to his overjoyed parents and closest mates that he couldn't wait to move back to England by the end of the year.

A former university roommate confirmed, "He told me he didn't know what he was doing over there. We were smoking a spliff one night and he was talking about how much he missed the lads here, the football, even the weather and he was gutted he missed his sister's wedding. 'I am dead set on coming back,' he told me."

The owner of Cullen's local, The Crow's Nest, said he had conversed with Cullen daily and spent countless hours confirming to him that "England wasn't that bad."

"The night before he left, he came in here and said, 'See you in a couple months, Roger. I'm through with that place. Time to come home. You keep that stool there for me.'"

Sixty seconds after exiting customs at Suvarnbhumi, Cullen spotted a Thai girl in an extremely short denim skirt and heels at a currency exchange counter and began doubting his decision. Three minutes later, after a sideways glance at two Thai girls in spaghetti strap tops bending over their luggage, Cullen changed his mind entirely vowing never return to Britain if it was the last place on earth. Asked why, he said, "Sweet Jesus, there are a lot of hot girls here."

He will fit right in ,.but ill bet his stay will be short lived til hes skint or his girlfriend grows a beard , :o

Yea like that is a true story!

Yea like that is a true story!

I think you'll find it's called satire.

In 1996 I was totally burned out on Bangkok after about five years there. I was very happy lifting off from Don Muang and thinking I would NEVER see Bangkok again. It wasn't two weeks after I was in Southern California that I was asking myself what I was doing in that awful place. I hated the Los Angeles area after about one week and it only got worse. If I NEVER see that area again, it will suit me just fine.

In 1996 I was totally burned out on Bangkok after about five years there. I was very happy lifting off from Don Muang and thinking I would NEVER see Bangkok again. It wasn't two weeks after I was in Southern California that I was asking myself what I was doing in that awful place. I hated the Los Angeles area after about one week and it only got worse. If I NEVER see that area again, it will suit me just fine.

So you thought you would NEVER see Bangkok again but you did and you NEVER want to see LA again but you might :o

In the six years here in Thailand I almost make it two weeks away before coming home. I never buy an airline ticket I that I cannot make a change to the return date. I can literally live anywhere I choose in the world but spent the last 5 years in Bangkok. The only thing I do know for sure is that this place messed up my mind. I will NEVER be able to live in the United States after living here.

''I can literally live anywhere I choose in the world''

Does that require some kind of special passport to do that??

yes a british one :D

Great!! So that means i can literally live anywhere in the world too :o:D

In the six years here in Thailand I almost make it two weeks away before coming home. I never buy an airline ticket I that I cannot make a change to the return date. I can literally live anywhere I choose in the world but spent the last 5 years in Bangkok. The only thing I do know for sure is that this place messed up my mind. I will NEVER be able to live in the United States after living here.

I know that feeling, I was sick for the first 2 weeks going back to Philly last year. Thailand just clicks right with some people and when it dose you just don't wanna leave..simple as that really. Though I wouldn't mind short stints outside for awhile I always wanna come back here.

Cullen had spent the previous two weeks drinking in pubs with university mates, reconnecting with his family and enjoying chippies, curries and “lovely” English bacon again. On the last day of his trip, Cullen confided to his overjoyed parents and closest mates that he couldn’t wait to move back to England by the end of the year.

Tears brimming in his eyes, his Dad said, “About time, son.”

A former university roommate confirmed, “He told me he didn’t know what he was doing over there. We were smoking a spliff one night and he was talking about how much he missed the lads here, the football, even the weather and he was gutted he missed his sister’s wedding. ‘I am dead set on coming back,’ he told me.”

The owner of Cullen’s local, The Crow’s Nest, said he had conversed with Cullen daily and spent countless hours confirming to him that “England wasn’t that bad.”

“The night before he left, he came in here and said, ‘See you in a couple months, Roger. I’m through with that place. Time to come home. You keep that stool there for me.’”

Sixty seconds after exiting customs at Suvarnbhumi, Cullen spotted a Thai girl in an extremely short denim skirt and heels at a currency exchange counter and began doubting his decision. Three minutes later, after a sideways glance at two Thai girls in spaghetti strap tops bending over their luggage, Cullen changed his mind entirely vowing never return to Britain if it was the last place on earth. Asked why, he said, “Sweet Jesus, there are a lot of hot girls here.”

awesome site. it is like "The Onion" but based on Thailand. Wonderful. Thanks, I'm bookmarking it now.