All Of A Sudden - My Windows Is In Thai!

MisterMan

Had a shocker last night. I turned on the computer and the windows screen was in Thai and then my desk top and all the menus! Firefox cant be opened. Thurderbird is fine and in English still.

Notepad types in English.

Internet Explorer - I tried to cut and past from word pad to IE , in English and it turns to Thai.

Also some strange Thai page came up which makes me think I have been sabotaged...

A thai page I have never seen.

Bookmarks dont work,.

Key board settings no longer have English as an option.

All dialog menues have shrunk in size and trying to change the language settings is hard because the THai writing is so small. Even when I randomly click on another language ( I can read angrit in Thai by the way) nothing changes.

I tried safe mode too.

Any ideas as to what has happened? :o

NO time to take it to my favorite computer guy in Phuket (PP IT house) until Next week.

I'm in a similar situation.

I bought a PC from Seacon yesterday and whereas most things are in English, Outlook is in Thai and I can't navigate the options to get it in English.

I've gone through the Control Panel > Regional Language Options and set English as the primary language but Outlook is still in Thai.

Does anyone know the click route to get to Angrit?

Cheers

Mick

Had a shocker last night. I turned on the computer and the windows screen was in Thai and then my desk top and all the menus! Firefox cant be opened. Thurderbird is fine and in English still.

Notepad types in English.

Internet Explorer - I tried to cut and past from word pad to IE , in English and it turns to Thai.

Also some strange Thai page came up which makes me think I have been sabotaged...

A thai page I have never seen.

Bookmarks dont work,.

Key board settings no longer have English as an option.

All dialog menues have shrunk in size and trying to change the language settings is hard because the THai writing is so small. Even when I randomly click on another language ( I can read angrit in Thai by the way) nothing changes.

I tried safe mode too.

Any ideas as to what has happened? :o

NO time to take it to my favorite computer guy in Phuket (PP IT house) until Next week.

You let a Thai person change the settings perhaps? Anybody with access to your computer could do it I'm pretty sure.

I did do a scan nothing came up. Its strange as I had my Thai friend look at it and he said it is not Thai words, only the characters. I cant find system restore. I was able to find the anti virus software.

What does the icon for the menu look like?

I did do a scan nothing came up. Its strange as I had my Thai friend look at it and he said it is not Thai words, only the characters. I cant find system restore. I was able to find the anti virus software.

What does the icon for the menu look like?

Here is a screen shot showing the restore icon:

post-3742-1216109898_thumb.jpg

opalhort