Starbuck Or Kfc Or Thai Food?

tomuk76

135 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I previously started a thread on here about if any members knew any farang who thought they were thai? But as the thread wore on it ended up as a topic about Starbucks, KFC and Thai food!!

So carry on the topic on here! LOL

Which one do you prefer!

Please vote now!

Edited by tomuk76

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Come on now thats a dumb ass pole. I probably love KFC more than anyone in the forums, But how can you compare a whole cuisine with tones of variety to simply one dish!?!?....lameo

I agree its a dumb ass poll, but im giving the opportunity to all those people who love to debate about nonsense to vote on nonsense!

Come on now thats a dumb ass pole. I probably love KFC more than anyone in the forums, But how can you compare a whole cuisine with tones of variety to simply one dish!?!?....lameo

Oh and BTW this poll is meant to be a P#SS TAKE!

I previously started a thread on here about if any members knew any farang who thought they were thai? But as the thread wore on it ended up as a topic about Starbucks, KFC and Thai food!!

So carry on the topic on here! LOL

Which one do you prefer!

Please vote now!

You have a unhealthy obsession about that guy “who wants to be Thai” and peoples views. I say its time to move on. T-V has some really interesting topics, BTW Mexican food has grown on me. But Japanese I could live with everyday too.

Starbucks (all) Coffee contains phloridzin, chlorogenic acid and gallic acid that respectively inflame and degrade pituatary, hypothalamus and pancreas, forming the cancer nucleus, essenial for a malignancy. Coffee also contains caffeic acid that inflames 8 internal organs allowing easy entry of the cancer nucleus, needing only a few more stages for a malignancy. We know the causes, therefore you can cure and prevent the little c. Get 20 years ahead of conventional medicine, and save a life. Kentucky FC tastes finger licking good because of the monosodium glutamate in which it swims. Some of the side effects of MSG are arrhythmia, (irregulart heartbeat) and cardiac arrest, (death). Every body has a different tolerance, but it affects all. Thai food in restaurants uses MSG; and microwave ovens, which make all food carcinogenic, due to radiolytic compounds introduced, and all nutrients are destroyed. Most Thai food has sugar added. All sugar is contaminated with asbestos (old conveyor belts somewhere in the processing line). Asbestos inactivates your killer white blood cells, crashing your immune system Sorry to spoil the fun. See you in Rawai for a healthy piece of...what???

Jeez Tom. I guess I'll just go to Pattaya for condo diving.

No KFC - ever & 8 cups of coffee to open my eyes. No piss take - Thai food rocks.

Starbucks? A pack of my MOCCONA blue mountain costs about 90 baht & lasts a week (8 cups per day). 56 cups at home or one Starbucks. I wonder which one I'll choose?

Let's not forget free wi-fi !!! lol - gen x yuppies rule !!!!!

Starbucks sells coffee. KFC sells chicken and other entrees. Which Thai food - sapalot, tang mo, pomelo, lamyai, and kaow paht gai? Why not include Foremost chocolate milk, Rockletts candy, and 7-11 hot dogs? It's a dumb poll. What about that Thai style pizza with bologna meat and mystery vegetables? The salad bar and chocolate pudding at Sizzler? Fried insects?

I can only assume the OP is no older than 12 years old.

If he is older he is an extremely sad individulal,why in gods name would any normal adult person start a thread like this??

Edited by JOHN2

If he is older he is an extremely sad individulal,why in gods name would any normal adult person start a thread like this??

As a p#ss take out of the guys who changed my thread into a food topic.

comon john dont take life so seriously!!

I guess your older than 70 as you dont see the funny side?

PS john didnt u read my previous posts on this topic, doh?

Edited by tomuk76

Oh,so this is funny? Silly me.

Yet another one who would probably only make this comments hiding behind thaivisa! Its easy to insult people by hiding behind things, but would you say things this in real!

Yet another one who would probably only make this comments hiding behind thaivisa! Its easy to insult people by hiding behind things, but would you say things this in real!

No i wouldn't, i would be terrified of you.I mean, a bloke on a friday night posting on an internet board asking people if they prefer starbucks or KFC,you sound like a right nutter,i will be swerving you for sure.

No i wouldn't, i would be terrified of you.I mean, a bloke on a friday night posting on an internet board asking people if they prefer starbucks or KFC,you sound like a right nutter,i will be swerving you for sure.

Well if u hadnt noticed your posting on friday night to, if that has anything to do with it :o

I suppose your right it is a silly post, but i have to much time on my hands i guess, dont work, dont need to work and maybe never will need to in the future! im doing ok at 31 years old not 12!!

Anyway bored of replying to you so good night!

Lady’s please. Take it outside, and get me some Nachos while you are at it :o

I prefer Home Pro.

:o Yeah, I loved Home Pro, too.

I prefer Thai food, but I appreciate having the choice in Bangkok. That abundance of choice is what made Bangkok livable for me. I ate on the streets, in the mall, at the Oriental ....

But, I'll tell you, whereas I went to Starbucks everyday in Bangkok, I NEVER do so here in the States. It's just not the same. I am not only talking about the exorbitant prices here, but the service at an impersonal commercial franchise here in the States just doesn't compare to my familiar spot in Bangkok. The servers there knew me by name, and were incredibly sweet and went out of their way to treat me like a valued regular customer. I miss them, sigh.

However, I DO NOT miss your average Thai service in a restaurant where you are not a regular. So, it's a trade off.

Amazing the number of folks that think this is a stupid thread but take the time to reply. Some people just have to say something even if it is irrelevant and negative.

For me the poll is way too coarse leaving too stark a choice but:-

I'd rather drink lukewarm liquified sh1t than that cr@p out of Starbucks. The price doesn't bother me as I don't mind paying for quality but to put Starbucks and quality in the same sentence is a travesty but I've been and gone and done it.

KFC, for all it's faults and generally cr@p food, does produce some snack food that is palatable and reasonably consistant. For a quick munch it is acceptable, not good by any means, and if you are in a hurry it serves it's purpose.

Thai food is so varied and varies so much restaurant to restaurant that it cannot be compared with a coffee outfall and an American fast snack chain but I certainly do prefer Thai food overall. Also I must admit to an appreciation of Vietnamese, Japanese, Malay, Indian, Chinese (some), Philippino (gotta be home cooked though), Indonesian, Lebanese, Iranian (Persian) and many more even including my own, much maligned by the uneducated, British.

Since this whole thread is meant as a joke, what's to get upset about? I'm tempted to modify the choices to include Pizzeria Uno in Chicago, Western China restaurant in Houston, and that Thai restaurant in Edinburgh. Maybe that taco stand in Edinburg, Texas near the Studebaker dealership would be a Lark.

I have only ever been inside one Starbuck store, in a neighborhood of Shanghai where most ThaiVisa posters could not afford to rent. Are all Starbucks the same, with rich Chinese clientele? Does a Kentucky colonel frequent your local KFC store? Did you know the wraps at KFC are quite good, and their ice milk cones are so-so?

I have never choked on joke, or is that a joke also? Is that anything like choking the KFC chicken?

KFC is a snack food, not a lifestyle choice. Or shouldn't be. :D It should be applauded however, for killing off the people who frequent it, with heart disease, diabetes, and other obesity-related problems. Oh, and for luring entertainment like PETA out of the woodwork, obviously. :D

Starbucks recently announced heavy job losses. I saw on the news recently.

It has made a massive success of "branding" itself with the name, but in my opinion, not following up with a quality / good value product. The purpose of Starbucks is not to promote good coffee, but to expand as rapidly as possible but without a quality product to sustain that growth. Pricey, bland froth. :o

but i have to much time on my hands i guess, dont work, dont need to work and maybe never will need to in the future! im doing ok at 31 years old not 12!!

Perhaps a poll on why some people on forums like this are unable to resist the temptation, however out of context, to tell us how well they think are doing, might be of more interest?

1) They are people who are insecure about themselves and feel the need to talk themselves up.

2) They are people who are self-satisfied, big-headed and looking to gloat at any oppurtunity.

3) They are simply lying or exaggerating to bolster their low confidence level.

Edited by rixalex