Wifes Sister Refused Visitors Visa. Need Help!

Yaketyyak, if there is any merit in your above post perhaps you would like to explain how over 90% of visit visa applicants each year manage to be successful?

Why do people like you always post about how it is virtualy impossible for what you refer to as an ordinary Thai to get a visa when the facts show this to be untrue? Do you have a financial interest in a visa agent?

Big Spuds, good luck with the hearing.

Edited by 7by7

I just got a visit visa for my girlfriend. I have to say that the service provided by the visa office and embassy was really good. It only took them two days and the Visa was granted without interview or phone call. After reading here I was convinced it would be declined but as the previous poster said, I think we only hear about the bad cases here when in reality most applications go smoothly. My girlfriend doesn't really have any reasons to return to Thailand, we got around this by providing a reason for me to return and then proving we have had a long and genuine relationship. All in all, I am very happy. :o

I hope the OP's appeal goes well, I can imagine how upsetting and annoying it must feel when a genuine application is declined like this.

Edited by madjbs

As regular readers will know , this is quite a normal story for those seeking a UK visitors visa. ....
Yaketyyak, if there is any merit in your above post perhaps you would like to explain how over 90% of visit visa applicants each year manage to be successful?...

It's good to see the old sparring partners of GU22 and Atlastaname/Silomfan/et al back again. All that's needed now is the return of Topfield and we'll have a full house. :o

Come on Toppers, where are you?

i didnt mean to turn this into a full blown argument

This is a walk in the park, wait till Topfield, Atlastaname, GU22, Silomfan et all and my good self and Jangles join the fray biggrin.gif now that is a fracas.

I must be the Oracle of the Eternal Flame, I speak and they appear together :o

Good Luck

Moss

Edited by Mossfinn

The notion that the " ordinary " Thai has a good chance of securing a visa provided that he/she submits all the relevant evidence in support of their application is as fanciful as the idiotic supposition that the visa officer is actively looking to grant, as stupidly posited by a previous poster elsewhere in the forum.

In truth most Thai have no chance of obtaining a visa to any developed western nation unless they are sponsored by a farang out of a personal relationship or are of a demographic denoted by higher education, disposible wealth or a connection with demonstrable social superiority.

Of those supported by farang, the success rate of Thai obtaining visas to the UK is indeed about 85 - 90 %. However, that statistic is valueless in so far as assisting the remaining 15% whose applications were refused on grounds not necessarily supported by the rules. Successful appeals against adverse decisions are in the majority and have risen to almost 70% of the total but that is by the by.

In reality, each application rests on its merits and the occasional whimsy of visa officers but what should be apparent is that to construe one success from another is as misleading as the generalisations trotted out by armchair ingenues wittering on according to their own personal prejudices.

Yaketyyak, if there is any merit in your above post perhaps you would like to explain how over 90% of visit visa applicants each year manage to be successful?

Why do people like you always post about how it is virtualy impossible for what you refer to as an ordinary Thai to get a visa when the facts show this to be untrue? Do you have a financial interest in a visa agent?

Big Spuds, good luck with the hearing.

It never ceases to amaze me how my fairly easy to understand posts are (deliberately?) misunderstood...in this case by "7by7".

One cannot spell out everything child-like otherwise the posts would run to pages and pages.

For the benefit of those my post confused (not the old hands here .. they understand perfectly well)let me explain..briefly.

I am not saying ordinary Thais don't get visas !!

What i am saying is that they have to jump through more hoops than is realised from reading the criteria AND that crucially their success depends not so much on if they have provided what is asked for , but how the ECO on the day CHOOSES to view it. It is true the pass rate sounds very high, often 90%. But how many of these are because of farang sponcership? Rather a lot i think.

And what has the 90% pass rate got to do with the 10% who fail? Many of those will have provided all that is asked for , but ... and here was my point... depending on how the ECO wants to view it , they can pass or fail.

I have re-read my last post .. nothing in it is innaccurate.

One last thing i would like to take up with "madjbs" ... the comment that most applications go "smoothly".

Think about it.. you spend weeks gathering telephone-book thick wads of proof , waaay beyond what is asked for in the rules (becasue one is terrified of not providing enough), a mass of paperwork that many applicants have testified is , in the end , hardly ever looked at properly by the ECO. We've heard many of those stories here haven't we.

You have to have health checks, go to a separate place to submit your application and pay a stiff fee, and then .. and this is the worst bit... have an unknown period of waiting , days or weeks, until you are sent a letter asking you to attend interview or come to collect your passport (just to extend the agony a little longer they don't say if its a success or a failure until you actually look in the passport).And all the time your smomach is knotted up with worry and stress (OH YES you all know what i mean .. you've all had that feeling right?)

Even the much respected and much lamented GU22 , one of the staunches supporters of the system you could find, said that obtaining his wife's visa from the British Embassy was one of the most stressful times of his life. So madjbs ... hardly "smooth" !!

Went pretty smooth for me thanks. Perhaps people don't put much effort into their applications or perhaps they just encounter a grumpy officer. Either way, it went very well for me and their system worked efficiently. Although I do personally believe all that you should have to prove is a relationship with a British national to get a visa. Yes, more people might overstay or claim benefits but I believe it would be a small minority and that the vast majority of other people should not be punished for this by the over strict procedures.

i didnt mean to turn this into a full blown argument

This is a walk in the park, wait till Topfield, Atlastaname, GU22, Silomfan et all and my good self and Jangles join the fray biggrin.gif now that is a fracas.

I must be the Oracle of the Eternal Flame, I speak and they appear together :D

Good Luck

Moss

:o " Now its time to roll out the barrel... cos the gangs' all here" :D