Aua Thai Language Tapes

96tehtarp

Hi,

Several years ago I self-studied the AUA Thai course Book-1 using the book and the tapes. I actually purchased the books and tapes from Cornell University many years ago.

Since then I have often been immersed in a 100% Thai (no English) environment. My spoken Thai is really quite satisfactory. However, I would like to complete books 2 and 3, and the "small talk" suplimentary book. I want to finish the course.

At my current level, book two won't take much effort, and book three will be a little more work.

I had such a great success with book one that I really want to finish learning the other three course books. I will learn a lot by putting the substitution drills on an mp3 player and running through them each about fifty times. I have the necessary equipment to record my own voice together with the "J. Marvin Brown" tapes for later playback. In this way, during playback, I can hear my own voice speaking Thai and compare my voice to the native speaker's. Hopefully through comparison I can fine tune my tones and enunciation. If I spend about 3-4 hours a day for a month I should be able to finish at least book two and three.

Last year I repurchased the books from AUA in Bangkok however they will not sell the tapes/CD's. The CD/tapes are simply not available in Thailand. I can see that they can only be purchased from Cornell University in the U.S.A, however the cost is extortionate.

If anyone has any idea where I can find a used copy of the tapes or CD's please PM me or leave a note here.

I will post to this forum separately for info on learning Thai script/reading.

Cheers,