Mae Sai Border Open?

Please tell me, has anybody done a visa run to Mae Sai in the last few days?

I plan to go in two days time (this Monday) and just wanted some conformation that my journey won't be a waste of time

Also, has anyone with a non-im visa ever been asked for proof of funds when crossing back in to Siam; if so, for how much? It's never happend to me and i've done it a good few times.

Many thanks

It was open last Friday. Very quiet as well, no queues either on exit or re-entry.

I was activating the second entry of my tourist visa and wasn't asked to show funds. Been there at least a dozen times and never had to show them although there is a notice saying they're required. I seem to remember a post on here once saying that someone had been asked so I always make sure I've got the cash on me. For a 30 day entry it's 10K, for 60 days it's 20k.

Edited by waveydavey

• 1 month later...

Hoping to bump this back up as I am planning to go up to Chiang Rai through Mae Sai. I called the Burmese Embassy and was told that I needed to obtain a visa beforehand in Bangkok and that I could not walk through. I am an American citizen whose 2x TV extension (second one) will expire early september, so I'll just be jumping out and back in again (non-B coming next month) for a 30-day stamp. I would be arriving on a Saturday (flying up to Chiang Rai from BKK), leaving on Sunday.

I have read about flooding problems in Chiang Rai too... is that just not advisable? Also, how about the crossing into Laos (in that vicinity).

Much thanks for any info.