Double Entry Tourist Visa From Vancouver B.c. Consulate?

Hi all,

I'm a 38 year old American and I was just going to apply for a single entry Tourist Visa from Thai consulate in Washington D.C.

However in the week before I go to Thailand I'll be up in Vancouver B.C. and was thinking I'd just apply for a double entry Tourist visa in person at the consulate there.

My question, does anyone know if the consulate gives out double entry Tourist Visas? Or of any other snags I'd run into?

I ask as I'd hate to be 4 days away from leaving for Thailand and suddenly learn that I couldn't get a Visa :o

My question, does anyone know if the consulate gives out double entry Tourist Visas? Or of any other snags I'd run into?

I ask as I'd hate to be 4 days away from leaving for Thailand and suddenly learn that I couldn't get a Visa :o

Best bet would be to contact the consulate before you leave.

Here is their website: Royal Thai Consulate General (Vancouver) or email: [email protected]

Also note (from their website):

"Please note that the Consulate is no longer accepting visa applications by mail from the United States. US applicants must apply in person at the Consulate."

I've also notice that they mention Tourist Visas on the site, but make no mention of "multi-entry".

Good thinking, thanks for the suggestion :o

What leads me to think that I could get a double entry there is the Visa price list:

"Tourist Visa (per entry) $35"

I ask as I'd hate to be 4 days away from leaving for Thailand and suddenly learn that I couldn't get a Visa :D

Best bet would be to contact the consulate before you leave.

Here is their website: Royal Thai Consulate General (Vancouver) or email: [email protected]

Also note (from their website):

"Please note that the Consulate is no longer accepting visa applications by mail from the United States. US applicants must apply in person at the Consulate."

I've also notice that they mention Tourist Visas on the site, but make no mention of "multi-entry".

I received a double entry from them no problems, but that was 2 years ago. I was living in WA state, went up to Vancouver, and got the visa. You might want to call them to double check and see how many days it takes. When I was there, they were even issuing triple entry visas.

To follow up on my question, I just received this email reply from the Thai Consulate in Vancouver B.C.

"If you apply in person, we can issue you the double entry tourist visa.

Please come between 9:30am - 12:30pm Monday to Friday only. The office

will also be close on Friday July 18th for Thai holiday."

To follow up on my question, I just received this email reply from the Thai Consulate in Vancouver B.C.

"If you apply in person, we can issue you the double entry tourist visa.

Please come between 9:30am - 12:30pm Monday to Friday only. The office

will also be close on Friday July 18th for Thai holiday."

Hmmm, 3 hours a day, 5 days a week. Guess they aren't overly busy in the Visa section ! :o (Unlike their counterparts in the Canadian and other embassies in Thailand)

And they take the Thai holidays (and the Canadian ones as well I imagine). Sweet deal. Between the Thai holidays and the Canadian ones (and not working the weekends), that's almost 1/3 of the year !