Looking For A Swimming Course For Children

ungu

Hi,

I'm looking for some place that provides a swimming course for my 3 years old daughter. She loves swimming very much.

Does anybody know where to look in Chiang Mai?

I prefer her to be in a swimming class (I'm not looking for a private teacher), so she can also use the time to interact and have fun with other children.

There are swimming classes usually available at the 700-Year Stadium pool - I say "usually" because it's currently closed until the end of July for re-surfacing the pool surround. As you might expect, the instructors are all Thai and so are the kids that I have seen doing the classes.

We have what seems to be a good swimming instructor at our pool in Nong Hoi. He charges a very reasonable 1000 baht for 30 hours and attends the pool between about 5 - 7pm five days a week. I've seen him at work with very tiny kids and been impressed but don't count on other children the same age being present at the same time. I'd say it's best to find her a friend to do the classes together. PM me for me details if you're interested.

Yes, I'm interested. And the good thing is because we also live at Nonghoi area.

Could you tell me where the pool is? And on what days can we meet him at the pool?

Thank you. I appreciate your help.

[sorry, I forgot, it should go to PM]

We have what seems to be a good swimming instructor at our pool in Nong Hoi. He charges a very reasonable 1000 baht for 30 hours and attends the pool between about 5 - 7pm five days a week. I've seen him at work with very tiny kids and been impressed but don't count on other children the same age being present at the same time. I'd say it's best to find her a friend to do the classes together. PM me for me details if you're interested.
Edited by ungu

A few years ago there was very good swimming instruction for kids at the sports facility on Tung Hotel Road, the one with the badminton courts, west side of the street about in the middle between train station road and Doi Saket road.

A few years ago there was very good swimming instruction for kids at the sports facility on Tung Hotel Road, the one with the badminton courts, west side of the street about in the middle between train station road and Doi Saket road.

Bill, that would be between the Train Station and Keaw Nawarat Road. and not Doi Saket road.

Bill, that would be between the Train Station and Keaw Nawarat Road. and not Doi Saket road.

You are correct. Thanks for help with street names. It became too much years ago when I found out that neither the Narawat Bridge nor the Kaew Bridge was the one connected to Kaew Narawat Road.

Hi,

I'm looking for some place that provides a swimming course for my 3 years old daughter. She loves swimming very much.

Does anybody know where to look in Chiang Mai?

I prefer her to be in a swimming class (I'm not looking for a private teacher), so she can also use the time to interact and have fun with other children.

http://www.chiangmai-mail.com/047/sports.shtml#hd5

http://www.chiangmai-mail.com/048/sports.shtml#hd7

http://www.chiangmai-mail.com/049/sports.shtml#hd7

A nice overview of some swimming pools in Chiang Mai, as well as lessons offered. When I was swimming at Chiang Mai Land I witnessed some of the classes for the kids and they seemed to be having a great time.