Soft License

percy2

• 4 weeks later...
When a message is placed in any forum on thaivisa, you are granting a soft license to Thaivisa.com to use it.

What is a soft license?

Cheers

Bump

I am not sure of all the details but a soft license is an agreement that any information posted by a member on the forum beomes the property of the forum owners and can be used by them.

CB

IANAL, but generally I think a soft license is one that gives someone else certain rights over your work, while not taking away any rights from you. For example, you grant the board owners/promoters the rights to reproduce your words, but you also retain the rights to those words, in case you might want to use them again in a book [or magazine article, or whatever] you might write in the future.

Guest Reimar
IANAL, but generally I think a soft license is one that gives someone else certain rights over your work, while not taking away any rights from you. For example, you grant the board owners/promoters the rights to reproduce your words, but you also retain the rights to those words, in case you might want to use them again in a book [or magazine article, or whatever] you might write in the future.

That's true, the copyright relies by the writer but the the user (like a licensee) of that transcript has the right for changes as long as the meaning of that transcript isn't changed.

Cheers.

• 2 weeks later...

If rights are granted , it implies that they may also be revoked.

Under what circumstances if any would this apply?

Cheers