Rain........

bmw

Raining like h*ll here again, and cold !

Sheesh, one day it's +47, next day hail stones the size of grapes, now it's thunder and lightning and cold rain.

All that in a place that's supposed to be a desert ? We've had more rain in the last month than we had all last year ! (Maybe a good sign that the 12 year drought is over ?)

If I could just get this to move over to Pattaya.......

The Rayong/Sattahip/Pattaya area had a 1-2 hour downpour on Saturday morning, and a brief shower last night, but nothing really significant.

The water supply reserve is now reaching critical levels... :o

From the Pattaya Mail:

Cloud seeding used in urgent attempt to refill dwindling reservoirs

City to chip in for chemical costs

Cloud seeding is being used in an urgent attempt to replenish the water levels in Chonburi’s reservoirs, following an emergency meeting on the water crisis conducted by Governor Pisit Ketphasook and Deputy Governor Weerawit Wiwatanawanit.

The Banglamung area is in a particularly critical situation. Banglamung uses water supplies from five reservoirs, namely Mabprachan, Nongklangdong, Huay Khunchit, Charknok and Huay Saphan. At present the total reserves of these five is only 4.8 million cubic metres. If there is no rainfall, this amount will last only a few weeks more.

home-620.jpg

I'm not complaining, but this seeding only seems to be working over my house :D I've only had to water the garden once in the last fortnight. Rained to some extent every other day. Sunday night/monday morning rained for 12 hours.

Live right next to mountains in Sattahip.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

In Bandung district,Udon Thani province, it's been belting it down the last week; the fields are flooded perfectly for rice planting, our lucerne grass is growing beautifully for the cows and the fish pond is already full. What happened to the prophet of doom, droughts and all things dire, was his name Andrew Fletcher?

Hey, those are the same planes they used in the movie Air America ! Not sure if they really used those in the 'nam though, BECAUSE I WASN'T THERE ! :D

Oh yeah, temperatures have hit 50+ here, probably won't get anymore rain until October now.

Would like to see some monsoons in Pattaya though (3 of my buddies are there, living the good life while I'm here sweating like a pig) :o

Do pigs sweat ? :D

and with that homeland weather   ...   why not ?   :D

We arrived in London at 7pm last night.

It was still over 25C..... :D

It is now 7.30am and my wife (Thai) is complaining that it is too hot!!!! :o

And I was worried that she would feel cold....:D

Was sitting by the Thames watching your plane fly over last night. Very nice week it has been so far.

Now, if the Poms can only figure out how to make this weather last till late September!!!

In Trang it rains.........more than anywhere..........nearly,,,,,,,,,,i believe the northeners in are drowning in uk which is nice.........nuttas!!!!!

Tomorrow it will rain and probably friday

i say tony blair is a blot of grease & dirt on my camera lens............

Meow don't like rain u know..............................

bananas grow quick in the rain.......no bananas in the north of england..........only fruits!!

tomorrow i shall have a bacon sandwich with ketchup .......... :o it rocks my pants

In Trang it rains.........more than anywhere..........nearly,,,,,,,,,,i believe the northeners in are drowning in uk which is nice.........nuttas!!!!!

Tomorrow it will rain and probably friday

i say tony blair is a blot of grease & dirt on my camera lens............

Meow don't like rain u know..............................

bananas grow quick in the rain.......no bananas in the north of england..........only fruits!!

tomorrow i shall have a bacon sandwich with ketchup .......... :D  it rocks my pants

:D Have you been drinking? :o

tomorrow i shall have a bacon sandwich with ketchup .......... :D  it rocks my pants

see_stars.gif That one is far too deep for me... :o

Back on topic... it looks like it might rain today at Laem Chabang... :D

8:17 in kan and no rain for 2 days, in response to the do pigs sweat posted earlier, i am wondering if it has something to do with the cooking process, when you have one on the spit the fat oozes out just like sweat and may be where this saying comes from. That's just a guess though.

Snow blocked rds on the Blue Mountains and as far west as Orange.

Bitterly cold in Sinney today... the end of wearing shorts today :D

Luckily, no wind or it would be sub 8C.....

No heating in The Shed :D

Oh, and it has just started to RAIN :o

Very good overnight rain in Pattaya last night... the first "real" rain we've had this year.

:D

Went to bed last night listening to the rain on the roof... woke up this morning to the sound of water truck deliveries... :o

Now we have serious thunder storms and rain in the South west of the uk :o ohh well the summer was nice while it lasted

Thats it screw the uk i want to come back to Thailand, i take back everything i say about who needs Thailand :D

Edited by daleyboy