3 Cups Water In The Morning ...

Jgirl

the amount of water that your body needs in a day is affected by the amount that you sweat , so for those of us who sweat alot, 6-8 glasses of water is not nearly enough. There is no right and wrong concerning water, it's better to drink more than risk dehydration :o

I always drink alot of water and green tea in the morning and it has helped me alot, but if I eat fried eggs and bacon, I just feel like going back to sleep. I have heard that drinking only water for breakfast is called a Japanese Breakfast.

my mum said we have to eat breakfast everyday. if you don't..or only drink water..your stomache will go wrong. :D

Was Your Mother a health care professional or a doctor?

Is that you eat a lot for breakfast and make you feel sleeping ? :o

Please translate the above statement to legible English

Edited by pampal

the amount of water that your body needs in a day is affected by the amount that you sweat , so for those of us who sweat alot, 6-8 glasses of water is not nearly enough. There is no right and wrong concerning water, it's better to drink more than risk dehydration :o

Correct, you could sit in front of a computer in an air conditioned office one day and only need 1 liter of water, next day you could be out in the heat running a marathon needing to drink 5-6 liters of water.

The thing is that the body has ways of telling you when you need to drink, you feel thirsty, dark urine, headaches, cramps. There is no real way of the body telling you not to drink even if to much water can be far more serious than to little.

The simple reason there is no warning that you drink to much is that there is no natural way you can drink to much. If you only drink when you are thirsty you will probably only be able to drink about half to 1 liter and then you will not be thirsty anymore therefore not drink anymore so no overdose of water.

The problem nowadays is the all the media pressure that you should drink as much as possible this creates an unnatural drinking habit where many force themselfes to drink far to much.

To much water will result in a very high osmotic pressure that will damage cells. There will also be a change in the electrical properties of your body fluids that could interfere with the electric impulses that are used to trigger many bodily functions such as your heart beat. These things could cause very sudden and very serious complications such as seizures and heart attacks.

To little water is also serious but it's normally a much slower process and the body will tell you what the problem is.

Correct, you could sit in front of a computer in an air conditioned office one day and only need 1 liter of water, next day you could be out in the heat running a marathon needing to drink 5-6 liters of water.

The thing is that the body has ways of telling you when you need to drink, you feel thirsty, dark urine, headaches, cramps. There is no real way of the body telling you not to drink even if to much water can be far more serious than to little.

The simple reason there is no warning that you drink to much is that there is no natural way you can drink to much. If you only drink when you are thirsty you will probably only be able to drink about half to 1 liter and then you will not be thirsty anymore therefore not drink anymore so no overdose of water.

The problem nowadays is the all the media pressure that you should drink as much as possible this creates an unnatural drinking habit where many force themselfes to drink far to much.

To much water will result in a very high osmotic pressure that will damage cells. There will also be a change in the electrical properties of your body fluids that could interfere with the electric impulses that are used to trigger many bodily functions such as your heart beat. These things could cause very sudden and very serious complications such as seizures and heart attacks.

To little water is also serious but it's normally a much slower process and the body will tell you what the problem is.

The thing that gets overlooked is that we obtain water in many ways other than just plain water, so yes we may need the equivalent of 6-8 glasses a day but one of those may be taken up in the soup we have and another in the fruit we eat, etc. I think that has already been pointed out by zzz.

If anybody has a minute can anybody check out my thread pain free dentistry.

I always drink alot of water and green tea in the morning and it has helped me alot, but if I eat fried eggs and bacon, I just feel like going back to sleep. I have heard that drinking only water for breakfast is called a Japanese Breakfast.

my mum said we have to eat breakfast everyday. if you don't..or only drink water..your stomache will go wrong. :D

Was Your Mother a health care professional or a doctor?

Is that you eat a lot for breakfast and make you feel sleeping ? :o

Please translate the above statement to legible English

I heard a lot of people say that we need eat breakfast. if not, you will have stomache problems after the certain days.

sorry..Pls read this again : I thought you felt leeping because of you ate too much breakfast. right ?

Some of these posts seem unecessarily alarmist. The fact is, there are millions of health conscious individuals who are drinking 8 glasses plus of water a day, without suffering any problems. I drink a litre of warm water on rising and find that it gets the elimination channels working. Other than that I drink when my body tells me to.

If I wish to go a step beyond and cleanse the whole elimination channel I will drink 2 litres of warm (sea) salt water within an hour, which flushes all the pipework as well as cleansing the stomach. It's been used by Yoga practitioners for thousands of years.

There are claims that cleansing the bowel regularly will also keep you young. Do a search for the 'Mae West Enema'.

In this climate we tend to need more salt and adding a pinch to your water may be sensible. If it tastes too salty then your body is telling you it doesn't need it.

I have read dermatologists say that the best product you can take for your skin is clean water and avoid sunlight and smoking. A poor diet won't help. Flip-flop dieting will produce saggy skin. Most lotions and potions don't do a thing, except empty your purse. Perhaps make you feel better.

To OP and other waterlovers: Sorry...but this is one of the longest standing myths in medicine. :o

And there are several studies (I read the last one just a few weeks ago), showing that it has absolute no more positive effects on skin or any other organ than say, Coke.

The problem is of course that Coke contains a lot of unhealty crap so instead of nil effect you can get a negative effect.

My med.prof. told me years ago (80's), that if you get a patient that keeps on coming back with diffuse symptoms, and you can't find anything wrong, tell the patient he REALLY needs to drink a lot of water.

At least he'll get the PLACEBO effect!

As for drinking too much water, if you are healthy and not on any silly "designer-drug", you are going to have a very hard time drinking so much that it actually hurts you.

Some of these posts seem unecessarily alarmist. The fact is, there are millions of health conscious individuals who are drinking 8 glasses plus of water a day, without suffering any problems. I drink a litre of warm water on rising and find that it gets the elimination channels working. Other than that I drink when my body tells me to.

If I wish to go a step beyond and cleanse the whole elimination channel I will drink 2 litres of warm (sea) salt water within an hour, which flushes all the pipework as well as cleansing the stomach. It's been used by Yoga practitioners for thousands of years.

There are claims that cleansing the bowel regularly will also keep you young. Do a search for the 'Mae West Enema'.

In this climate we tend to need more salt and adding a pinch to your water may be sensible. If it tastes too salty then your body is telling you it doesn't need it.

I have read dermatologists say that the best product you can take for your skin is clean water and avoid sunlight and smoking. A poor diet won't help. Flip-flop dieting will produce saggy skin. Most lotions and potions don't do a thing, except empty your purse. Perhaps make you feel better.

Each to his own I suppose. It's this cleansing, flushing, clean the system, sort of thing that gets the alarm bells ringing a bit.

1 litre of water sounds a bit over the top, must get a boring too.

But I' beginning to see the benefits of drinking a little more fresh water instead of coffee for instance.

Agreed, you'd have to seriously overdo it to encounter any serious health implications.

Probably in a hot climate we need more sodium and electrolytes, so ORS are a good idea, but I'm not sure this is the same as salt ??

Each to his own I suppose. It's this cleansing, flushing, clean the system, sort of thing that gets the alarm bells ringing a bit.

1 litre of water sounds a bit over the top, must get a boring too.

But I' beginning to see the benefits of drinking a little more fresh water instead of coffee for instance.

Agreed, you'd have to seriously overdo it to encounter any serious health implications.

Probably in a hot climate we need more sodium and electrolytes, so ORS are a good idea, but I'm not sure this is the same as salt ??

Spot on! When you sweat you loose water and electrolytes (salts). Hence the salty taste. The best way to go is to buy proper MINERAL- drinkingwater. The "standard" drinkingwater has no salts in them, and your body needs longer time to establish liquidbalance.

I recomend Minere, not too pricy and has all the needed minerals.

The body has a very good way of telling you if you need more water - drink until your pee is clear, not yellow!

• 2 weeks later...
[spot on! When you sweat you loose water and electrolytes (salts). Hence the salty taste. The best way to go is to buy proper MINERAL- drinkingwater. The "standard" drinkingwater has no salts in them, and your body needs longer time to establish liquidbalance.

I recomend Minere, not too pricy and has all the needed minerals.

The body has a very good way of telling you if you need more water - drink until your pee is clear, not yellow!

I was told years ago by a Urologist that the only way to check if you are drinking 'An adequate amounts of fluids' is to monitor the colour of your pee. It should be "a very light straw colour" provided that your kidneys are functioning ok.

A dark yellow or worse - your not drinking enough!

A clear pee - your drinking too much.

Obviously, as previously stated, it depends on lots so factors, but this way it is easy to monitor for yourself - just look at the colour of your pee and go by this.

• 2 weeks later...

Someone mentioned Japan Breakfast.

But it is a PRE - Breakfast

and has to be Drunk BEFORE cleaning your Teeth.

Here is the Full Take

I do NOT vouch for all the Claims!

But I do follow this regime for past 10 years>

D RINK WATER ON EMPTY STOMACH

It is popular in Japan today to drink water immediately after waking up every morning. Furthermore, scientific tests have proven a its value. We publish below a description of use of water for our readers. For old and serious diseases as well as modern illnesses the water treatment had been found successful by a Japanese medical society as a 100% cure for the following diseases:

Headache, body ache, heart system, arthritis, fast heart beat, epilepsy, excess fatness, bronchitis asthma, TB, meningitis, kidney and urine diseases, vomiting, gastritis, diarrhea, piles, diabetes, constipation, all eye diseases, womb, cancer and menstrual disorders, ear nose and throat diseases.

METHOD OF TREATMENT

1. As you wake up in the morning before brushing teeth, drink 4 x 160ml glasses of water

2. Brush and clean the mouth but do not eat or drink anything for 45 minutes

3. After 45 minutes you may eat and drink as normal.

4. After 15 minutes of breakfast, lunch and dinner do not eat or drink anything for 2 hours

5. Those who are old or sick and are unable to drink 4 glasses of water at the beginning may commence by taking little water and gradually increase it to 4 glasses per day.

6. The above method of treatment will cure diseases of the sick and others can enjoy a healthy life.

The following list gives the number of days of treatment required to cure/control/reduce main diseases:

1. High Blood Pressure - 30 days

2. Gastric - 10 days

3. Diabetes - 30 days

4. Constipation - 10 days

5. Cancer - 180 days

6. TB - 90 days

7. Arthritis patients should follow the above treatment only for 3 days in the 1st week, and from 2nd week onwards - daily.

This treatment method has no side effects, however at the commencement of treatment you may have to urinate a few times.

It is better if we continue this and make this procedure as a routine work in our life.

Drink Water and Stay healthy and Active.

HOT Drinks at Meal times ...

This makes sense .... the Chinese and Japanese drink hot tea with their meals .not cold water. maybe it is time we adopt their drinking habit while eating!!! Nothing to lose, everything to gain...

For those who like to drink cold water, this article is applicable to you.

It is nice to have a cup of cold drink after a meal. However, the cold water will solidify the oily stuff that you have just consumed. It will slow down the digestion.

Once this "sludge" reacts with the acid, it will break down and be absorbed by the intestine faster than the solid food. It will line the intestine. Very soon, this will turn into fats and lead to cancer. It is best to drink hot soup or warm water after a meal.

Edited by WilliamIV

For old and serious diseases as well as modern illnesses the water treatment had been found successful by a Japanese medical society as a 100% cure for the following diseases:

Headache, body ache, heart system, arthritis, fast heart beat, epilepsy, excess fatness, bronchitis asthma, TB, meningitis, kidney and urine diseases, vomiting, gastritis, diarrhea, piles, diabetes, constipation, all eye diseases, womb, cancer and menstrual disorders, ear nose and throat diseases.

Call me a skeptic, but when anyone claims to have a 100% cure for something, much less for all those ailments, I start to question the reliability of the report. Warning bells seem to sound when I read that. Each person has a unique physiology, so a 100% cure (which implies for everybody in every case) seems a bit unrealistic.

For old and serious diseases as well as modern illnesses the water treatment had been found successful by a Japanese medical society as a 100% cure for the following diseases:

Call me a skeptic, but when anyone claims to have a 100% cure for something, much less for all those ailments, I start to question the reliability of the report. Warning bells seem to sound when I read that. Each person has a unique physiology, so a 100% cure (which implies for everybody in every case) seems a bit unrealistic.

Agreed. This comes from the idea of cleansing, purging, and purifying the body- all of which are really wacko ideas. 3 Glasses of water in the morning well that's a different matter. Obviously as one poster pointed out it's a quick way to rehydrate the body. But not much in the way of essential minerals I guess.

At worst drinking too much water at the expense of food could result in a serious sodium deficiency.

An adequate water intake is important to health, and increased fluid intake can benefit some health problems (eg constipation) but certainly cannot cure cancer and TB etc, and no bona fide Japanese medical society has ever claimed anything of the sort.