Late Night Decent Bar For A Single Female

babochina

I think it is hard for a single (especially if you are farang) to go out alone in Bangkok and meet other people.

it is definitely very hard. i find that bangkok thais are not so interested in talking to farangs (outside the tourist areas), and bangkok expats seem really cliqueish....

I think it is hard for a single (especially if you are farang) to go out alone in Bangkok and meet other people. The reason for this is in Thai clubs people tend to get a table a then they stay by that table. They don´t "mingle" as you do in western countries.

But if you want to see much people; Jet metropolitan, always packed. You have to be there around 21ish to get a good table.

On weekends RCA/Ekkamai/Thonglor is a safe bet. It can´t go wrong.

Althou I am a big fan on RCA slim and sometimes party up at santika I don’t recommend them to be a plaice for a single woman to attend by them self at all.

See for your self. – And turn down your speakers .

RCA Slim

Santika

I think it is hard for a single (especially if you are farang) to go out alone in Bangkok and meet other people.

it is definitely very hard. i find that bangkok thais are not so interested in talking to farangs (outside the tourist areas), and bangkok expats seem really cliqueish....

not that I know what your situation is like, but every week i'll go clubbing with my farang friends, and the Thais on the tables around us would be only too happy to share a few drinks and talk for a bit. This is true for clubs which are more international and where they'll be the only farangs in the place.

i have never gone into a club here alone as a farang female, but i never would. i have done it in other countries and realized that being a girl alone is an easy target. bars are bad enough to go into alone. sometimes it seems like people think you are desperate, easy, looking to hook up if you are out alone. and especially in thailand, it is not a social norm at all- unless you are a freelance prostitute.

Edited by girlx

Coyotes on Sukhumvit by soi 33 and Convent at Silom always seems to be buzzing with ex-pat girls. Especially on a Wednesday night (ladies night).

You will probably have to be quite bold and just approach a couple of friendly looking people and say "hi" and you should be fine.... Its a pop chicks hangout anyway.

need to replace the discussion

- a club is not a bar,

u talk in bars, the personality shows, you dance in clubs, the body shows,

you need to be aware of which part of you you actively promote in public ...

- i have only been in touristic places and except the (sex)tourists, i don t think i ve crossed ways with many expats, so i can t say if they re cliqueish or not, i know it s really easy to meet ppl in beijing

- i know pretty well that a woman going out/travelling on her own is an odd practice in almost every culture, but i was not going to beg a friend or to find myself a group to allow myself some holidays, that s low

i ve seen here the couple of "best friend" girl tourists, trying to look their best but crudely realizing looking around that concurrence IS fierce if they had hopes in this field, and there s nothing sadder that seeing 2 friends who ve long ran out of topics of conversation, wandering alone almost silently like a 30y desillusioned married couple, i don t want to do that to any of my friends actually

it was my 1st trip on my own in such a big city with so many places to go and things to do and it was nice to follow only my whim

- i was not looking especially for the company of other females, that s why i didn t post on the girls section (no offense there ladies, i share the situation of living in an asian country as well and a space to vent out privately the same ohh so strange experience is nice too), but i wanted to get everybody s advice, i don t like being segregated, i m already the exception enough

as for my last night, i finally chipped a bit the crust of the local nightlife, so, i won t leave without regret

after watching the biggest part of a muay thai competition, another non single female activity i tremendously enjoyed, the weather finally allowed me to enjoy the vertigo, the most beautiful skyline i had ever seen, just go there if you ve never been, it s worth the 400b of your drink

i met somebody there, another lost tourist from singapour, the only person i ve talked to in this town who was not a clerk, employee, etc. it was nice to chat

we then went to 2 places i would not recommend to anyone but where i had a wild fun, they were called the "boss", and after that, the "lucky bar", u probably know these cesspits of student and losers oblivion

i ended up being the only farang woman in the place and this wild impromptu party with random (but friendly) strangers lasted till 8am

i m leaving town today,

hence it will be my last (but long) post, sorry, social deprivation makes me chatty

you ppl living here, male or female,

u re lucky, it s a great place

thanks

BABOCHINA, dam_n, just saw this thread.... I have no idea who you are or what you look like but I don't care, I would have taken you out and showed you around, you sound intelligent and I haven't had much contact with falang women the past few years, it would have been a nice change just to talk to you. Maybe next time!

need to replace the discussion

- a club is not a bar,

u talk in bars, the personality shows, you dance in clubs, the body shows,

you need to be aware of which part of you you actively promote in public ...

Firstly, all venues that have been mentioned have nice bar oriented areas, mostly outdoors. Some clubs, like Jets, have really nice separate bars.

Secondly, as I previously wrote, clubs here are totally different from the clubs in Farangland. Here many clubs don´t even have a dance floor. Clubs here isn´t about dancing and mingeling so much it is more about getting a good table, standing there chatting with your friends, looking at the people in your table area. In Bedsupper CLUB you are more likely to end up standing, sitting, lying rather than dancing.

Thirdly, if you are so concerned about how you promote youself in public I would advice you to stay out of the Nana bars in your future trips to Bangkok.

hm not sure why my post was deleted. it wasn't flaming.

Mine was, but c'mon Admin, do I really have to come to my favorite forum and listen to some tourist talk about how disgusting it is that I and others like me are attracted to Asian women? Seems like she was flaming as well, mine was just a lot less subtle.

You shouldn't have any trouble in any Thai bar although you would probably feel more relaxed if you avoid the Go Go and "adult" entertainment bars.

If you are not on a high budget a couple of bars I have seen single falang ladies

Tokyo Joes Blues bar http://www.tokyojoesbkk.com/Map.html

and strangely enough on Sukumwit Soi 7/1 the Absolute bar (more information) gets single falang and Thai ladies although the other bars in the Soi would not be as appropriate

Alternatively in the Khao San Road; back backing area there are any number of small bars and cafes where I have seen single falang ladies.

Firstly, all venues that have been mentioned have nice bar oriented areas, mostly outdoors. Some clubs, like Jets, have really nice separate bars.

Secondly, as I previously wrote, clubs here are totally different from the clubs in Farangland. Here many clubs don´t even have a dance floor. Clubs here isn´t about dancing and mingeling so much it is more about getting a good table, standing there chatting with your friends, looking at the people in your table area. In Bedsupper CLUB you are more likely to end up standing, sitting, lying rather than dancing.

Thirdly, if you are so concerned about how you promote youself in public I would advice you to stay out of the Nana bars in your future trips to Bangkok.

sorry i caused trouble which forced the mods to intervene, i m just back on this thread and don t know what happened

hawkup, u totally misread me

my point is that i could go on my own to a bar, and i d go preferably in an upscale expat lounge bar where i can read my economist in peace for safety reasons, hence my post, and my visits to the bamboo bar, hilton and vertigo

i d never go alone in a club, exactly for the reasons you mentioned

as for getting lost in nana, it s a tongue in cheek tip from here that led me here, so, don t shoot the pianist

but i realized the mistake and left

as for what i saw there, it was 7.30 in the evening, it was raining, there was no sense of party or fun at all, it was just a sad view of bored men talking to equally bored but better looking ladies and involving a fee at some point in the night to make it worth,

and as for the yellow fever, if some ppl stand up for it bravely on this board by flaming me, they could at least stand to be called for what they are

i ve been living in asia 5 years, i m not going to go postal or high church on it, it s part of the landscape, but i m still entitled say how i saw things, and i m telling again, it was not the happiest place on earth

the only persons i feel sorry for are the ladies if the lack of other options to make a living or more contriving conditions forced them there

and as for living/visiting, i for sure can t judge

but compared to beijing, the city has plenty of qualities beijing does not have : better prices, quality service, english speaking staff, very polite and courteous people, clean toilets, and believe it or not, traffic is worse in beijing, u ve no idea

i don t know if it makes up for the inconvenients, but they re still very important qualities :-)

@ Sabum, thanks a lot for the compliment :-)

sorry i caused trouble which forced the mods to intervene, i m just back on this thread and don t know what happened

hawkup, u totally misread me

my point is that i could go on my own to a bar, and i d go preferably in an upscale expat lounge bar where i can read my economist in peace for safety reasons, hence my post, and my visits to the bamboo bar, hilton and vertigo

i d never go alone in a club, exactly for the reasons you mentioned

as for getting lost in nana, it s a tongue in cheek tip from here that led me here, so, don t shoot the pianist

but i realized the mistake and left

as for what i saw there, it was 7.30 in the evening, it was raining, there was no sense of party or fun at all, it was just a sad view of bored men talking to equally bored but better looking ladies and involving a fee at some point in the night to make it worth,

and as for the yellow fever, if some ppl stand up for it bravely on this board by flaming me, they could at least stand to be called for what they are

i ve been living in asia 5 years, i m not going to go postal or high church on it, it s part of the landscape, but i m still entitled say how i saw things, and i m telling again, it was not the happiest place on earth

the only persons i feel sorry for are the ladies if the lack of other options to make a living or more contriving conditions forced them there

and as for living/visiting, i for sure can t judge

but compared to beijing, the city has plenty of qualities beijing does not have : better prices, quality service, english speaking staff, very polite and courteous people, clean toilets, and believe it or not, traffic is worse in beijing, u ve no idea

i don t know if it makes up for the inconvenients, but they re still very important qualities :-)

@ Sabum, thanks a lot for the compliment :-)

Beijing is more expensive than Bangkok? In what way?

You have a very strange posting style. What nationality/age/background are you?