Need Short-time Hotel With Swimming Pool

simon43

My GF and I want to go swimming in central BKK. (She cannot swim very well and wants me to teach her). The best idea seems to be to visit a decent hotel, and perhaps rent a room for a few hours. However, she is paranoid that the staff will think she is a BG with a customer!!

Does anyone know of a good hotel, perhaps in Silom or Sukhumvit, which has a nice swimming pool, and would have rooms available for a few hours? (I know the Amari at the airport does this for travellers, so maybe there is similar downtown...)

cheers

Simon

Thanks for the replies. But we do really to want to rent a room also for a few hours, not just turn up, use the pool, and wander off still soaking wet :o

It would be nice to use the pool, then soak in a hot tub, watch a bit of TV and then wander off (so very much the same as a BG but without the BG bit!!)

Hi Simon ,

If you can wait a month , you can use our room and pool for a half day or so

Sukhumvit / soi 11 . No charge :D I will probally be dragged around to all the malls anyway when we first get there . We will most likely be gone all day , along with my money :o

My GF and I want to go swimming in central BKK. (She cannot swim very well and wants me to teach her).  The best idea seems to be to visit a decent hotel, and perhaps rent a room for a few hours.  However, she is paranoid that the staff will think she is a BG with a customer!!

Does anyone know of a good hotel, perhaps in Silom or Sukhumvit, which has a nice swimming pool, and would have rooms available for a few hours?  (I know the Amari at the airport does this for travellers, so maybe there is similar downtown...)

cheers

Simon

Most Hotels in Bangkok will rent you a Room for what they term "Day Use", which is usually 4 - 5 hours.

Just call up, ask the price and Book.

Also very useful if you have a "GTG" who does not like Motels.

:o

Simon,

It costs about 100B to use the pool at the Ambassador Hotel per day.

The Golden Palace on Suk Soi 1 seem not to bother who drops by their pool as long as they buy food and drink from the coffee shop.

The pool at the Miami is similar to the GP but they may charge.

You should call in at a few small hotels and have an ask.

No need to go to all the rigmarole of getting a room.

All of the 5* hotels should have full fittness centres in bangkok, pool, hot tubs, jaccuzis, steam room, sauna, gym, tennis courts, ping pong, etc, etc, etc.. They are usually run as a "3rd party" business 2 the hotel from what I have noticed, so u can get daily,weekly,monthly,yearly access 2 em :o No point in paying for the room if your not going to use it :D

My mother was stayin @ the holliday inn on silom the last few weeks and I was able to walk in and use all facilitys on about 5 occasions without any questions being asked (not even so much as what room I was staying in), it has all the facilitys mentioned above :D