Dim Sum And Good Chinese Food

Atreyu

Ruenhor Restaurant, 6 Pahonyothin Soi 9 Tel: 270-1431. Near Sanam Pao BTS station.

In the night market on Sukhukmvit soi 38, the last eatery on the right as you head down from the mouth of the soi has excellent and inexpensive dim sum and jok (rice congee).

China Palace on Siphaya Road - about 100 meters on the left as you come from Rama IV - not easy to see the sign, the restaurant is in its' own compound down a short driveway.

Also, Chand Phen Restaurant on Rama IV, just about opposite Lumpini Boxing Stadium, good Dim Sum and an excellent variety of Chinese food too, including Peking Duck in 2 styles and Moo Han - Suckling Pig.

If you speak Thai or Chinese then a walk down Yaowarrat Road in the evenings will be interesting - lots of Restaurants but also some excellent Food Stalls.

Patrick

Mrs H2O was half chinese on her mothers side. She was up in BKK every couple of weeks buyig things for her business. Sometimes she used to drag me up there to carry the bags. We used to go to the markets on Yaowarat at 0300 in the morning to buy butterlys and flowers in all colours, shapes and sizes. In the evening we used to go to some wonderful chinese restraunts there. Just down from the Shanghai hotel there are a few streets which serve some of the best chinese food Ive ever had. Oh how I miss the dim sum with the missus :o

At Q House Lumpini - the office building on the corner of sathorn and rama 4, there is a good chinese restaurant in the shopping mall portion of the building. Is it called Joke Club? It's the one facing Sathorn Road.

Anyways, while not cheap, they do very nice dim sum of what I would call premium quality and presentation.

China Palace on Siphaya Road - about 100 meters on the left as you come from Rama IV - not easy to see the sign, the restaurant is in its' own compound down a short driveway.

really tempting review of "China Palace" (330 seats & 12 private rooms) in this mornings edition of the Bangkok Post!

• 6 months later...

i like crystal jade for dumplings... i think its the basement of grand hyatt erawan...

theres also a small place just opposite chong nonsi bts (south side of street) dont know the name but some good stuff...not straight up dim sum, but some ineteresting dishes...