Relax In Phitsanulok

anthonyu

Will be spending a couple of days in Phitsanulok and wondering if you locals here know where is a good place to hang out at night. I'm more into the Thai-style pubs with live band. Any names and locations that are worth checking out to kill time?

topland plaza cant remeber the floor but you go in the elevator and there is a entertaiment section up there somewhere in the hotel with night club, bars, snooker and pool places. nightclub is called picasso if that helps!

Edited by aka_jack

topland plaza cant remeber the floor but you go in the elevator and there is a entertaiment section up there somewhere in the hotel with night club, bars, snooker and pool places. nightclub is called picasso if that helps!

Thanks for the tip aka_jack. I'm staying in Topland so the club there will probably be my last port of call if there's nowhere else that's interesting. Any place that's more local and not attached to a hotel?

Down the street from Topland is a local place called Kola Fun and another called Lady Jane's is where expats hang out.

Hi ajahnlau,

Might look into those places 1 night. Looking at your name I'm guessing you're a teacher there. Know where your students hang out?

• 2 months later...
Will be spending a couple of days in Phitsanulok and wondering if you locals here know where is a good place to hang out at night. I'm more into the Thai-style pubs with live band. Any names and locations that are worth checking out to kill time?

Lady janes a good starting point - most of us there on a Friday night but always a handful of us there on other nights.

A tuktuk will cost you 30baht from Topland or its a five minute walk. Pailyn Hotel 50 metres from Lady Janes has a nightclub/karaoke which seems popular.

Most of the better thai style places are a short taxi ride on outskirts of town for example towards Tesco Lotus (if you had to give taxi driver directions)

Hope that helps

yes pailyn hotel was quite good when i was there mainly because they had some lovely coyote girls there nearly every night!! also if you go over the bridge by the night market about 100 meters there is a square there with a load of bars thai style and some karoke!

Edited by aka_jack

yes pailyn hotel was quite good when i was there mainly because they had some lovely coyote girls there nearly every night!! also if you go over the bridge by the night market about 100 meters there is a square there with a load of bars thai style and some karoke!

Blimey - been here 3 years and never ventured across that bridge at night - will have to check it out !!

Have to let us know when you come up - maybe good to try and get a few TV members together along with some of the other expats !!!

yes dont know when that will be have moved to hua hin now! had some very good nights there though! we are talking about the same market running by the river? I am sure its only about 50 meters across the bridge but say a hundred to be save, come to think of it they have a nightclub which was quite good there as well! sometimes had coyote on in there also!!

yes dont know when that will be have moved to hua hin now! had some very good nights there though! we are talking about the same market running by the river? I am sure its only about 50 meters across the bridge but say a hundred to be save, come to think of it they have a nightclub which was quite good there as well! sometimes had coyote on in there also!!

Yes the market is still there - a few of us going to check out the other side of the river over the weekend !! :o