High Numbers Of Previously Straight Geriatics Now In Gay Scene Esp Pattaya

Turnkey

Yes, the OP mangled to succeed in winding us up, but I thought I would give us all a chance to respond, and we done good, as they say in Manhattan. :o

Recently, I asked a gay friend who was an organist in a Baptist church for 38 years, why at age 70-something in Thailand, he does not go to church services here. His answer was better than mine: when he doesn't give off all the clues that he has been an arrow-straight Christian since he was in diapers (married to a woman, or even five women in succession). with some straight married children to preserve the line straight to heaven, they would realize he's gay even without the boyfriend standing next to him. Like me, he did not move across the globe to re-enter the closet.

It's not that we are any better than the hypocrites. We're no worse.

Hey - I'm a distinctly grey, wrinkly geriatric...all of 60 anyway, and have, until coming to Thailand, been happily female obsessed.

However, Thai ladyboys intervened. You see, I find them attractive. I now live with a lovely ladyboy, and am , so far, very happy.

Odd that now performance is waning, I am faced with good sex on demand.... after years of miserly western women nookie.

The reason that I changed is purely the quantity and quality of Thai ladyboys, and the fact that they are not weekend cross-dressers, (not that there is anything wrong with that, just that it does not float my boat) needing to shave regularly etc. I was just never faced with such delicious temptation in Blighty.

Er...I do not consider myself as gay, as it is still feminity that attracts me. I'm just kinky. And happy to be so.

Hey - I'm a distinctly grey, wrinkly geriatric...all of 60 anyway, and have, until coming to Thailand, been happily female obsessed.

However, Thai ladyboys intervened. You see, I find them attractive. I now live with a lovely ladyboy, and am , so far, very happy.

Odd that now performance is waning, I am faced with good sex on demand.... after years of miserly western women nookie.

The reason that I changed is purely the quantity and quality of Thai ladyboys, and the fact that they are not weekend cross-dressers, (not that there is anything wrong with that, just that it does not float my boat) needing to shave regularly etc. I was just never faced with such delicious temptation in Blighty.

Er...I do not consider myself as gay, as it is still feminity that attracts me. I'm just kinky. And happy to be so.

Fridge, welcome to the Gay Forum. You are quite right about Thai ladyboys. I also happen to be married to one (a civil partnership). And you don't have to consider yourself gay to have a ladyboy lover...in fact the gays I know are not attracted to ladyboys. Most men who are with ladyboys are either bisexual or straight. I hope you enjoy your relationship and have as much joy as I have experienced.

Fridge - great to hear that! Long may your relationship continue. I'm gay and not interested in Ladyboys but surely the beauty of Thailand is that it allows us to finally be who we should have been all along (and be with those we should be with!)

.............. but surely the beauty of Thailand is that it allows us to finally be who we should have been all along (and be with those we should be with!)

Beautifully put, Joe, my feelings exactly! And isn't it amazing that even here we sometimes have to put up with the odd snide comment from some Farang straights, who just can't bear to see people happy!

We've been putting up with snide comments all our lives - so who cares, really. Although I found the OP offensive I don't take it personally. I'm comfortable enough with myself that I can say 'hey, that offends me', not like years ago when I would just stay silent.

• 2 weeks later...

Like me, he did not move across the globe to re-enter the closet.

Yep, my feeling exactly. I had to hide my sexuality for years and that caused me to get depressed every now and then. It's not healthy since sexuality plays a major role in our existense. It was also obnoxious to listen all those straight jokes and defaming ones about gay people. I lived years in working culture that you would have been totally ignored and left alone if you would have forgotten your place in the closet.

What comes to this topic, I am really happy for everyone who can enjoy his/her life to the max. That should not be a problem to anyone. Looks fortunately are just a part of it.

:o:D :D

Ok...I know its slightly off topic...but does anybody here know where I can find young cute farangs (18 to 25).in Bangkok..for whatever reasons...the ones on gay.com who claim to be 28 or in their thirties always look old...at least ten years older.

Try Khao San Road (though it's mostly a straight scene). I don't really recommend the whole area but Silom of course is the tourist magnet. There are a number of foreign students at various universities, but they probably have enough social opportunities not to need to do online dating. Once in a good rare while I see someone younger than I am in a Thai disco, or out in public with a boyfriend already.

"S"

Have you noticed the large number of very aged wrinklies around?

Many of them look like they have one foot in the grave, and these misfortunates seem to pervade the gay scene especially in Pattaya.

A lot of them are apparently straights and then at some stage in their 60's or 70's or older decide they want to be or pretend to be gay; why I wonder?

So many of them are geriatic albinos, or so it seems and they often have children or grandchildren.

Can understand people in their teens or 20's being unsure of their sexuality but what is it with these oldies?

Any explanations?

Your question suggests you wish to explore some of the wrinkly stuff yourself?

• 1 year later...

Hi FM

I have found this thread to be so riveting & my only problem was which post to response to, I've reread all the posts & picked the above as the most relevant to my situation. In the past at home my encounters have always been with females & I have had a few GFs spending several years with me at a time. Like FM I am attracted to feminine people which now encompasses LBs & femboys.

On my recent latest trip to Pattaya I firstly concentrated on BGs/TGs but I always had this urge to "diversify" & its only when you are so far from home that you seize the moment to do what you always know you want to do.

Such a relief to me to say this in public, (wish I had done this years ago !!!).

Like others I wondered about the OPs motives in posting, perhaps he has an issue he needs to resolve with himself.

Anyway I'm going to get pissed, so :) This may be my 1st post here so another reason :D

cheers all

Roger007

actually my 2nd post apparently !

Edited by roger007

Even though it's an old thread, it still seems to be relevant. Best of luck to you. I think the only think harder to do than stay in the closet is to put one foot out and then try and get back in.

hi scott

thanks for response, Sorry I hadn't noticed the dates but still glad I posted.

cheers

roger007 :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The best thing I have ever done was not making the switch to be the person I wanted to be which was years ago here in lala land, but it was making the decision to take it out of the gay scene.

My partner and I now live and work in a nice part of phuket, I run my business, he is a chef in a local bar and we have nothing to hide.

I know this is an old thread and the op was a tosser however I find that whilst we always raise a few eyebrows 99% of people here acually like honest open folk and we have more friends than we can cope with, and 99% of them are straight,

and there is a 20 year age gap between us so who gives a dam.

life is good