30 Day Exstension For Tourist Visa

Howdy. I am in Pattaya these days on a 60 day tourist Visa, and i've heard that i can get a 30 day extension at the immigration office. I was wondering how long this will take to get. Do i just walk down there with passport, filled-out application form and 2 pass-photos, and i will get it immediately, or do they send the application to Bankok and it will take several days/weeks? I'm asking this because i don't wanna risk going down there too late.

Normally that is not required for a 30 day extension of stay - that office did require it for a short period but believe they stopped when the tourist season arrived last year. It seemed to be targeted to those with many such visas in there passport.

Abbathor,

I just went there today. Was pretty smooth sailing. IF your visa(s) are in order and everythings legit...

FIRST make sure you have the following:

1. zerox copy of photo page,latest visa page and latest stamped date of entry into Thailand page

2.Passport

3. one passport pic

Go into Jomtien office and look to the right.You'll see an information desk.

Walk up,greet the guy,and tell him you'd like to apply for a 30 day extension on a tourist visa.

he'll check your passport and give you an application,telling you to go across to cubicles on opposite side

to fill out app. After you fill out app go back near the info desk to the little machine that dispenses ticket with number (push button on line#1) take ticket and sit.

The display will show numbers being called for available immi officers at numbered desks. When called,go greet,sit and hand the officer your papers and passport and he'll probably have you sign each copy and may ask you to write your phone # on back of app.Pay him the 1,900 ..then he'll give your passport to a different officer and tell you to sit and wait. Then the other officer will call your name and you will be handed passport with receipt inside and stamp allowing 30 more days

Today I was in and out in about 15 minutes.Same sourpuss faced guy i get every time,but it went ok. Amazing all the people dressed like they came straight from the <deleted> beach.No joke...one falang lady had a bikini on(no she wasn't hot) and a see through flimsy dress over it and flip flops!!! YOU GOTTA BE SHITTIN ME ! I felt overdressed....no wonder they are sourpuss faced!

Anyway you should be fine just have all your copies ready and no probs Good luck

I think the most important question is does the OP still need to have a confirmed air ticket in Pattaya?

ive never and was thinking of it a month ago when i went and again no probs, and im pretty sure yyoull be out of time till monday morning now as sure sat sun closed

chris