Thaiproperty.net

My name is David Gray from East Coast Real Estate in Pattaya. We have just launched a new website at www.thaiproperty.net. Hopefully it is a medium that will be used by both agencies and private individuals to sell or rent their properties. The site is absolutely free for all listings outside of the Pattaya area which we cover. We would love to get some feedback from you guys as to how easy it is to enter properties, register as members, find properties, speed of download etc. All constructive criticism is appreciated.

Many thanks,

David

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My name is David Gray from East Coast Real Estate in Pattaya. We have just launched a new website at www.thaiproperty.net. Hopefully it is a medium that will be used by both agencies and private individuals to sell or rent their properties. The site is absolutely free for all listings outside of the Pattaya area which we cover. We would love to get some feedback from you guys as to how easy it is to enter properties, register as members, find properties, speed of download etc. All constructive criticism is appreciated.

Many thanks,

David

Hi David, Ill upload a property and give you some feedback via PM

Many thanks Monkeytunes. Noticed that it's already up there, nice property. If anyone is interested check this out http://www.thaiproperty.net/SRH923. Again if anyone wants to list a property it's free. If you are using an agent call them and tell them you want your property marketed on this site. The site is now going through the optimisation process and already has prominent links on related sites. Hopefully will be a great tool for marketing properties throughout Thailand. Give it a go.

David

Aye aye David,

The site is very good and works well, maybe get them to look at your other site as it seems a lot slower to use.

Unfortunately, promoting anything to do with property on this forum seems like an uphill task, as you get all the bams sticking their oar in with little or no factual knowledge on the subject!!, just watch how this thread develops!

Good luck and take care!

SJ.

www.thaiproperty.net/SH509

Edited by LennyW

Great website, David.

You'd have to be at or near the top when it comes to real estate brokers in Pattaya-Jomtien.

If this website is used by other agents (and I hope it is!), I hope we may rely on their integrity, as we can rely on yours.

Hi David,

I found your new website good and informative.

My suggestion is: inform the potentiell buyer if the condo has Naklua, Pattaya or Jomtien side. For those who are sitting and surfing abroad but know the area it would be a great information.

(There a little loop which I found under Jomtien condos sell /1 Mio - 2 Mio/ site: clicking to side no. 2 or the forward button you arrive not to the second page but to SC179. The rental side is OK.)

For me this topic should be in the classified ad section. Commercial. But who knows, maybe TV can get them to advertise on here so it will be ok then.

They are already sponsors.

I guess that's why it isn't in the commercial ads section. not surprised.

It's a very nice site. I have one criticism. My Internet connection is VERY slow and I think the map slows things down too much. If the map were just a link, I could click on it if the property appeals to me. The map is a great idea but only for interesting properties.

Many thanks for the response so far, kind words and compliments......

Madame, the reason that the 2nd page of listings in Jomtien/condos priced 1-2,000,000 comes up as a full listing instead of a thumbnail is because we thought that if there was only 1 listing found in a search it would be just as easy to see the details in full rather than only 1 thumbnail with basic details. Saves people time clicking to a second page if of interest. Seemed to make sense to us but good spot. Will note that one and monitor other opinions.

Actually found that the quick search map wasn't working correctly today so working on that one now. Also had a few problems when people copy and paste text into the description box but hopefully now fixed.

Glad to say that since Monkeytunes listed his property he has had over 100 actual viewings of his listing. No idea if he got any real response but with real estate being a numbers game sooner or later some serious enquiry may come. Best thing about it is it's free.

Remember it's not only for listing property. If you sign up as a member you can search for properties also and make your own wish list. If a property comes in that matches your criteria then you can receive an email update immediately.

bkkjames, I actually posted in the real estate section but was moved to Pattaya. I am trying to get it moved back. Will that please you more?

Kind regards,

David

It's a very nice site. I have one criticism. My Internet connection is VERY slow and I think the map slows things down too much. If the map were just a link, I could click on it if the property appeals to me. The map is a great idea but only for interesting properties.

Hi Gary A, Sorry to say that we did consider this but the map really is an integral part of the site as is the different ways to search. We wanted to make them prominent features. Most of the users of our sites come from 1. UK, 2. All over Scandanavia, 3. U.S, and 4. Russia. Most of these locations have very good internet. Hopefully Thailand will catch up with internet service improvments soon. Sorry but unlikly to change this feature but I do appreciate the response. If there are many people that find the site slow please advise. We did make the site as simple and clean as possible so it would be quick to load. If this is not the case then I will re-think.....

Hi David,

Thank for clarification.

One more thing, maybe it would be nice to see immediately on which floor the condo is (sometimes it is mentioned in the text sometimes not).

For those people who cannot live on a top floor condo it can be important (or just opposite: some people do not want to have a low floor condo).

Best regards,

Madame

hi. when you click on the northern thailand part of the map you get:

Sorry

There are no properties matching your search criteria.

Please try an alternative

but there is in fact one or more chiang mai properties already listed (and which can be found if you dig)

part 2. OK you need to specify a word limit on the description section. At the moment the input form lets you type in as much as you like. It's only when you go in later you see that it has cut off the last half of whatever you typed.

with the pics, it dropped out during the uploading. This may be just Thai internet or it could be that your system has file size limits for the pics (again this does not appear to be specified)

sorry if i missed something - i did this process in a hurry and with a 3 year old climbing over me (realistic test conditions!)

Hi David,

Thank for clarification.

One more thing, maybe it would be nice to see immediately on which floor the condo is (sometimes it is mentioned in the text sometimes not).

For those people who cannot live on a top floor condo it can be important (or just opposite: some people do not want to have a low floor condo).

Best regards,

Madame

Great idea will rty and see if we can get that on the main details page. Will get onto it next week. Thanks...

hi. when you click on the northern thailand part of the map you get:

Sorry

There are no properties matching your search criteria.

Please try an alternative

but there is in fact one or more chiang mai properties already listed (and which can be found if you dig)

Noticed this yesterday as mentioned in post #11. We are working on it now and hopefully will be fully functional next week. Sorry all you guys up North....

part 2. OK you need to specify a word limit on the description section. At the moment the input form lets you type in as much as you like. It's only when you go in later you see that it has cut off the last half of whatever you typed.

with the pics, it dropped out during the uploading. This may be just Thai internet or it could be that your system has file size limits for the pics (again this does not appear to be specified)

sorry if i missed something - i did this process in a hurry and with a 3 year old climbing over me (realistic test conditions!)

There is no limit to the text so not sure why it cut off half your text? Only time we seem to get issues with the description box are when people copy and paste. Sometimes the formatting of the pasted document can get confused and doesn't show fully. If you are copy and pasting it does help if you paste into notepad first and then copy it into the description box. Other thing that may help is breaking the text up into reasonable sized paragraphs. Seems to like that?? Will look into it on Monday....

Never had an issue with the pictures either. If it is your internet connection timing out it will help if you reduce the pictures a bit. The size will get reduced by the site automatically but it doesn't hurt to start at a reasonable level. I suggest no more than 1Mb as if loading 4 at a time it may take a little time to upload and could suffer timeout problems...

I have narrowed down your map location slightly and named your property as this can also help in certain searches. Please try to upload the pictures and text again and I will make live as soon as ready.

Good luck, David

David

Like the site, one small point - if someone wants to look at a variety of properties (house,condo&commercial) at the same search, on a lot of sites by highlighting your choices then this option can be used but currently from what I could see you have to look at each different type of property separately. (?)

Mijan24

David

Like the site, one small point - if someone wants to look at a variety of properties (house,condo&commercial) at the same search, on a lot of sites by highlighting your choices then this option can be used but currently from what I could see you have to look at each different type of property separately. (?)

Mijan24

If you do not enter anything in the "Property Type" box it will show all properties in the location specified. So I guess it's all or only 1. Will question the web guys on this but I think the majority of people know if they want condo or house or restaurant etc. I am hoping that there will be so many listings on the site that people will have to narrow down the specifics or too many listings will come up!!

Already Hua Hin, Pattaya and Krabi (Koh Lanta especially) are well represented. Hopefully we can get some good stuff from all over Thailand soon. Again if there are any agencies out there with a poor internet presence please feel free to load as many listing as you like on here. I do no business outside the Pattaya area so no conflict will arise. All contacts generated through the site go directly to you.... We will endevour to make this site as prominent as our main site www.thaiproperty.com as quickly as possible.

Cheers,

David

David, great site! I also echo a comment made above to add a feature to show what floor a condo unit is on.

Another suggestion is to make mandatory to show if property is in Thai name, farang name or company name.

I was impressed enough to add my condo for sale on the site.

David, great site! I also echo a comment made above to add a feature to show what floor a condo unit is on.

Another suggestion is to make mandatory to show if property is in Thai name, farang name or company name.

I was impressed enough to add my condo for sale on the site.

Many thanks for the compliment... We do have the mention of Thai, Foreign or company ownership in the features section. We were hoping that it would be enough. Guess time will tell if people use it properly.

Working on the floor# feature now. Hopefully we can incorporate that soon.

Hopefully you noticed the sentence in post #1. You are in the Pattaya area and will be subject to standard commission rates if property is sold through us. Sorry but need to make money somewhere....

Your property is now up on the site under http://www.thaiproperty.net/SC945. You can change anything in your member area at anytime.... Difficult to find existing 2 bed units in Jomtien for under 3,000,0000!!! Hope you get interest quickly.

Thanks,

David

In response to madame & wpcoe, we have now entered a floor# section on the details page. If you wish to update your property details just go into your member area and edit. Hopefully very simple. For an example check out www.thaiproperty.net/SC477. Yo will see the floor # in the overview section.

Thanks,

David

David

Noticed that Hua Hin/Cha Am area is not included. Square metres would be helpful.

Thanks, nice site

Wondered when that would come up?? We weren't sure what area to put Hua Hin/Cha Am.... It is on the site under South Thailand. We did a lot of research on the internet on whether it should be South or Central Thailand. I thought it should be Central but most of the official maps etc say it is South, so South it is. It can be changed easily if you guys think we are wrong... Please advise of thoughts.

In the overview section on the details page the square metres are shown.

Regards,

David

Just a quick update for anyone interested. The map on the quick search page has now been fixed. If anyone spots any further problem please don't hesitate to contact me.

On another note I wonder why there are so few listings being entered from Bangkok? Are the agencies so good there that they don't need to advertise? Is nothing for sale or rent? I am always amazed when I seach online for real estate sites in Thailand that very few Bangkok agencies etc come up.... Even when they the sites are very basic. Do they not realise the power of this medium. If it were not for the internet business it would be very difficult for us for sure. Surely with a free website there is no reason for people not to list. What am I missing?? Come on Bangkok, this site is great and it does work, give it a go.

David, people have been pretty helpful with their comments, so would you like to return a favour by answering a post from this section (Selling Houses in Pattaya). Seems Pattaya estate agents have taken a vow of silence on this one

"As for the Real Estate agents here on Thai Visa, I would suggest the fact that none of them have posted a reply offering to sell the OPs house for him - suggests just how bad the market is "

David, people have been pretty helpful with their comments, so would you like to return a favour by answering a post from this section (Selling Houses in Pattaya). Seems Pattaya estate agents have taken a vow of silence on this one

"As for the Real Estate agents here on Thai Visa, I would suggest the fact that none of them have posted a reply offering to sell the OPs house for him - suggests just how bad the market is "

Responded Mr. Redman.... You are correct that the market is not that strong but it is slowly picking up. The thing I don't understand is that during these quiet times why do the real estate agencies just sit back and wait. Double your work, promote more, try new mediums etc. That was the main reason for this new website. I had the url for 10 years and this is the only time I've had in 10 years to develop it. I keep talking to different agents all over Thailand and they are moaning how quiet it is but when I tell them they can list for free on the website thay are suddenly too busy!! Crazy. Truth be known this is one of the best years we have ever had. We are continually promoting www.thaiproperty.com and www.thaiproperty.net. We publish high end brochures in both Russian & English. Most importantly we work very closely with good quality developers with products that you can see are value for money. No sense in pushing properties you can't sell.

Was that a rant? If so its over now....

Thanks,

David

Responded Mr. Redman.... You are correct that the market is not that strong but it is slowly picking up. The thing I don't understand is that during these quiet times why do the real estate agencies just sit back and wait. Double your work, promote more, try new mediums etc. That was the main reason for this new website. I had the url for 10 years and this is the only time I've had in 10 years to develop it. I keep talking to different agents all over Thailand and they are moaning how quiet it is but when I tell them they can list for free on the website thay are suddenly too busy!! Crazy. Truth be known this is one of the best years we have ever had. We are continually promoting www.thaiproperty.com and www.thaiproperty.net. We publish high end brochures in both Russian & English. Most importantly we work very closely with good quality developers with products that you can see are value for money. No sense in pushing properties you can't sell.

Was that a rant? If so its over now....

Thanks,

David

yes, it was a rant. Appreciate your honesty in your last sentence. The OP on the other site now has his question answered