Uk Changes Spouse Visa Rules

GuestHouse

This from the BBC Changes to the Spouse Visa Rules.

Highlights:

Minimum age to get a Spouse Visa raised to 21

Preregistration of UK Citizens wishing to marry abroad (register before leaving the UK)

Enforcement of English Language rules

New rulings on deportations

Aimed at forced marriages, it will inevitably catch a few out in Thailand.

Thanks for the info GH, doesn't effect me, but I'm sure it will many Indian's (The first culture that springs to my mind regarding forced marriage). I'm in two minds over this, I don't think we should be interfering with other peoples culture (more so than we have already done through history), after all we did take over the country, and give them right to live in England, is this another case of "do as we do or else", to be honest this boils down to the old philosophy against the new (or Western against Eastern), yes times change I know, I am also aware this is not just an issue that effects Indians, but I use them as an example, is this a good thing or bad? Like I said I'm in two minds.

Don't get me wrong GH, I'm all for England pushing back, just at the same time I think we have a lot to answer to, for the sh!t we pushed many years ago, maybe It is time we started weeding the garden, half of me thinks we should have started this a long time ago. The other half thinks that we are already a global nation, so why start now.

Thanks for the info GH, doesn't effect me, but I'm sure it will many Indian's (The first culture that springs to my mind regarding forced marriage). I'm in two minds over this, I don't think we should be interfering with other peoples culture (more so than we have already done through history), after all we did take over the country, and give them right to live in England, is this another case of "do as we do or else", to be honest this boils down to the old philosophy against the new (or Western against Eastern), yes times change I know, I am also aware this is not just an issue that effects Indians, but I use them as an example, is this a good thing or bad? Like I said I'm in two minds.

ARE YOU FOR REAL?

It's not other peoples cultures, its OUR laws in OUR country.

Have you ever been to the UK lately? Where the indiginous, white, hetro-sexual, working, law abiding male citizen has the least rights of anybody in the country.

I don't mean to be offensive, so I will restrain myself. However it's aptitudes like that, that have took the UK to a place where English people cannot even celebrate christmas or St. Georges day for fear of upsetting other peoples (immigrants) religions,, in our own country and being branded a racist. And that is just the tip of the iceberg.

My wife is living in England now on a marriage visa, and we have just applied to get her on the ESOL course to help with her application for IDR (indefinate leave to remain). However she has been refused this, as the law states, she, has to have been living in the country for at least a year, (she was over here last year on a 6 month tourist visa) and has been here now for 3 and 1/2 months. Although at the time of the consultation there was 2 black guys with no passports, and, hey presto they were accepted.

Why was my wife refused? Who as I am classed as responsible for her gets absolutely nothing from the state. Because I am a working person who gets no benefits from the state. Hence my wife would have been charged £4000 and something for the course.

So you think that the government should take £200-£300, a WEEK, of MY money, in tax to give to immigrants who are not even married to the indiginous people of this country because of things that happened hundreds of years ago?

The problem has arisen from other ex-colonial immigrants extracting the urine from the state and it's people. Not the law abiding, married, multi-cultural (UK citizen/anybody) people. This is a country that harbours muslim and other terrorists from other states and gives them money, houses, and so on and son on.

All on the back of their human rights. Well what about mine? or my wifes?

Sorry to go off topic a bit, although I did mention a slight statement about my wifes status with the visa regulations. However I find ex-pats (from wherever), making absurd remarks, about something they no nothing about, slightly tedious.

Thanks for the info though GH.

John.

First off, let me say you appear to have had a hard time and have taken certain instances personally and when looked at in your terms, you probably have, but I feel you cannot take the whole and break it down in such black and white circumstances.

It's not other peoples cultures, its OUR laws in OUR country.
And that hasn't changed, it is still your/our law.
Where the indiginous, white, hetro-sexual, working, law abiding male citizen has the least rights of anybody in the country.

I fit all this criteria and I do not feel I have less rights than anybody else, could you please categorize or give some examples?

However it's aptitudes like that, that have took the UK to a place where English people cannot even celebrate christmas or St. Georges day for fear of upsetting other peoples (immigrants) religions,, in our own country and being branded a racist. And that is just the tip of the iceberg.
I assume you mean attitudes and it is just a slip of the finger, but people celebrate Christmas all the time and I think people rarely celebrate St Georges day in the first place. Tip of Iceberg, I really think there is a certain amount of hyperbole taking over in the heat of your post.
My wife is living in England now on a marriage visa, and we have just applied to get her on the ESOL course to help with her application for IDR (indefinate leave to remain). However she has been refused this, as the law states, she, has to have been living in the country for at least a year, (she was over here last year on a 6 month tourist visa) and has been here now for 3 and 1/2 months. Although at the time of the consultation there was 2 black guys with no passports, and, hey presto they were accepted.

I am not entirely sure what you are trying to say here, the new law, which hasn't been applied yet, has no bearing on your wife and as an aside your wife doesn't need to comply with the specific requirement of an ESOL course for ILR, there are other recourse's of action. As for the two ' black guys', I would suggest you do not know their exact circumstances and so a specific comparison is not viable.

Why was my wife refused?
I am not aware of the full details, but perhaps your partner did not qualify?
So you think that the government should take £200-£300, a WEEK, of MY money, in tax to give to immigrants who are not even married to the indiginous people of this country because of things that happened hundreds of years ago?

I'm sorry this is a rant and not based on any logical reasoning.

The problem has arisen from other ex-colonial immigrants extracting the urine from the state and it's people. Not the law abiding, married, multi-cultural (UK citizen/anybody) people. This is a country that harbours muslim and other terrorists from other states and gives them money, houses, and so on and son on.

All on the back of their human rights. Well what about mine? or my wifes?

The harbouring of Terrorism, unwittingly is an age old problem, not a new one, it has just come to your attention recently, and your Human Rights have not been affected, if you comply with the Immigration Rules, there is every chance, although not a 100% chance that you will be reunited with your wife in this country.

This is not an attack on you, just your post, in my view it doesn't stand to reason, if you would like to put further info on here or on the visa forum I am sure I, or more qualified guys could help with your present situation.

Good Luck

Moss

Yes I am very for real!!

Don't blame me, blame EU and Brussels

Well yes, I still run a company in England which requires me to be there some times.

Your being very paranoid stating you can not celebrate Christmas in England or St.Georges day for that matter. (My wife and I have spent the last three Christmas's in England, guess your town sucks)

Don't blame me for the rules of the IDR, however, isn't it called a "Resettlement Visa?" Maybe you should look further into what you are asking for. Anyhow, the way I have read it is, that if you "NOW WISH TO MARRY ABROAD, THE HOME OFFICE WANTS AN APPLICATION / NOTIFICATION REGARDING IT, ALSO MUST BE AT LEAST 21" So what exactly is you problem? Just read the paperwork properly (the right paper work) and all will be fine for you.

As for the two black guys? Have you stopped and thought that maybe they where members of EU? In which case thay can come and go as they please.

As for the rest of your post... Take it up with you local MP

Edited by solent01