Where To Buy Chemical Starter Kit?

cwkid

Ive been looking online all day with not much joy, most chemical supplies are 50kg large stuff for big pools:

I'm looking for:

Standard chemical swimming pool chemicals starter kit contains:

1 kg Stabilised Chlorine Granules

1 Litre Algaecide (stops pool going green)

1 kg PH Plus (brings PH up if its to low)

1.5 kg PH Minus (brings PH up if its to high) balanced PH prevents corrosion and scaling, customers should note that once you have established PH you will only need either plus or minus in the future.

10 Water test strips (tests chlorine, PH and total alkalinity)

Any help would be apprieciated.

Thanks

Ive been looking online all day with not much joy, most chemical supplies are 50kg large stuff for big pools:

I'm looking for:

1.5 kg PH Minus (brings PH up if its to high) balanced PH prevents corrosion and scaling, customers should note that once you have established PH you will only need either plus or minus in the future.

Thanks

I would think that even for a small pool like yours it's not worth buying in the quantities you suggest.

If these chemicals are for as you say a "starter kit", 1 kg of chlorine won't go very far!

I buy 20 kgs. of chlorine granules packed in a plastic bucket and 2 poly bags. It stays dry and usable for at least 10 months probably longer in your situation ie. not using so much. The cost last time I bought ( 3 months ago ) was 2100 baht.

Soda ash, I buy in 25 kg. sacks. Plastic sack with poly bag inside. ( 600 baht last time but I expect a little bit dearer when I have to buy some more ) This as also stayed dry. I keep these chemicals in the same room as the pump etc. I am in Pattaya so we have more than 1 shop selling these materials.

I use a test kit that cost about 250 baht when I bought it 3 years ago and I buy extra test liquids when I need them quite cheap. I don't use any other chemicals and my pool has been clean for at least 2 years although I must admit I don't use it so much as I used to but on another note, it doesn't take so much cleaning as it used to!

Hope this helps!

I'm looking for:

Thanks

I would think that even for a small pool like yours it's not worth buying in the quantities you suggest.

If these chemicals are for as you say a "starter kit", 1 kg of chlorine won't go very far!

I buy 20 kgs. of chlorine granules packed in a plastic bucket and 2 poly bags. It stays dry and usable for at least 10 months probably longer in your situation ie. not using so much. The cost last time I bought ( 3 months ago ) was 2100 baht.

Soda ash, I buy in 25 kg. sacks. Plastic sack with poly bag inside. ( 600 baht last time but I expect a little bit dearer when I have to buy some more ) This as also stayed dry. I keep these chemicals in the same room as the pump etc. I am in Pattaya so we have more than 1 shop selling these materials.

I use a test kit that cost about 250 baht when I bought it 3 years ago and I buy extra test liquids when I need them quite cheap. I don't use any other chemicals and my pool has been clean for at least 2 years although I must admit I don't use it so much as I used to but on another note, it doesn't take so much cleaning as it used to!

Hope this helps!

Hi there,

Many thanks for your reply,

So your saying I need more chemicals as 1kg of Chlorine powder won't last me long, even for a small 12ft round pool?

Soda Ash is for taking the PH level up or down?

Cheers

I've just spoken to a very nice lady at Navinda Pools They have a testing kit that tests the Chlorine and PH levels, 1KG Chlorine Powder and 4KG Soda Ash to raise the PH level if needed. Think she said it was 800 baht for the lot, she is sending me an invoice and they can post the kit up to me as well, so that sounds good I thnk, he says not knowing a thing about maintaining swimming pools. :o

Hi there,

Many thanks for your reply,

So your saying I need more chemicals as 1kg of Chlorine powder won't last me long, even for a small 12ft round pool?

Soda Ash is for taking the PH level up or down?

Cheers

Hi there,

What I am trying to say is that 1 kg. is not going to last that long ( depending on how much you use the pool and the weather ) and also the fact that it's probably the first chemicals to be put in the pool, so that very soon you are going to have to go and get some more. Surely it's better to buy a quantity that will last a few months rather than a few days especially as the price will only go up and not come down. If you buy 20 kgs. in a plastic bucket the cost is initially more but you will save in the long run and it will not deteriorate if kept in the dry. The same goes for the soda ash which is incidentally used to increase the Ph. Even in a small pool you will use chemicals, maybe more even than a bigger pool because it will get warmer and people will probably splash the water about more. The more use a pool gets the more chemicals will be used. Also, unless your pool is covered, the rain will dilute the chlorine and you may find you have to add more regularly.

The prices quoted at "NAVINDA" are not too bad if postage is included but if not are a bit more than the place I shop in Pattaya. You may have to use mail order to get your stuff but before I paid a lot of money in postage I would try and find someone else in your area who has a pool and ask where they get their chemicals from. A good place to ask is a hotel who have a pool.

IMO it's better to use chlorine granules rather than powder as they're more convenient to use. If you do use powder then mix it in a bucket of pool water first before putting it in the pool. This way it will spread more easily and evenly. Do the same when you add the soda ash.

Hope this helps.