Spice Club Ambassador Hotel

NotNew2You

Sorry if this is a lame Q, but I have not lived in Bangkok for a few years so I am not current on the "scene." I have a "regular" Thai female friend coming soon to visit me and we may spend a little time in Bangkok. I have heard about the Spice Club in the Ambassador hotel on soi 11. From my earlier days in Bangkok, the Ambassador hotel always had a sorta down-trodden reputation. Is "Spice," their "hip" club/bar any good? Is it like Q-Bar or Bed, by that I mean a place you can go on a regular date, or is it more of a pick-up place for mongers and hotel guests that is full of Thai birds supplementing their day jobs, and where a straight Thai girl might feel uncomfortable, like Spasso or CM2?

Thanks.

Edited by NotNew2You

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry if a lame Q but I have not lived in Bangkok for a few years so am not current on the "scene." I have a "regular" Thai female friend coming soon to visit me down-country and we may spend a little time in Bangkok. I heard of the Spicy Club in Ambassador hotel soi 11. From my earlier days living in Bangkok, the Ambassador hotel never really had much of a reputation for anything good. Is Spicy, their "hip" club/bar any good? Is is like Q-Bar or Bed, by that I mean a place you can go on a regular date, or is it more of a pick-up place for tourists and hotel guests, where a straight Thai girl my feel uncomfortable...ala Spasso or CM2?

Thanks.

Spice club is good for after hrs as it sometimes open till early morning. Im normally Totally axed by the time I get there so I don’t pay to much attention to what’s really happen, but just enjoy the time with friends. and its an ok plaice, its not the same a Q or S-Bed. But it aint a pick up joint , If you want a big crowd go to RCA or Ekamai… cool clubs

Bangkok is just one big pick up joint haha But The more high class you go to the more it fades away.

Bangkok is just one big pick up joint haha But The more high class you go to the more it fades away.

Thanks for the input. And what you say is true, but some places are more "in your face" about what they are all about, while others at least attempt some patina of respectability (if for no other reason to charge 2x drink prices).

Edited by NotNew2You

Thanks for the input. And what you say is true, but some places are more "in your face" about what they are all about, while others at least attempt some patina of respectability (if for no other reason to charge 2x drink prices).

I really never know about that. Clubs I go to I order off the menu and they are fair and good service. Take your Girl To RCA and see if there are any clubs you might like But its very busy and the majority of people are university student To Late 20’s but anyone really, and you normally pay as you go. And if it’s something you might not enjoy, then you can head to Spice early to get a good seat.

Spice Club it's just a s**thole filled with half of the hookers in Bangkok. Bad music, smells like s**t, dirty and really sleazy. Ened up there once, lucky enough I was wasted drunk :o

Spice is quite bad, infact one of the most awful "decent" bars in Bangkok if you ask me. It is not like Bed and Q bar. It is more like and after hour party at Khao san road with alot of freelancers. Bangkok is full of cool bars and clubs so don´t waste your time and take her to Spice.

Spice is a lot worse than Spasso and CM2 in all aspects.

Edited by Hawkup2000

Spice club earned it reputation as being the only night club open in central sukhumvit until 6am drawing in the typical crowd you would expect from 3am onwards and great place to continue your bender and even some of the freelancers stop working and become normal girls on a night out. Had some good nights there :o Not the best place to take a girl your tyring to impress though

Never been there mainly due to the fact that its almost impossible not to pick up a girl and be home by 3.

My friends who have on the odd occassion managed to get there tell me its the last act of desperation they could think of after a miserable night of crash & burning...

You don't go to Spice sober...

For something different to QBar, BED, RCA etc, but not so clubby (more bar-ry) try the new place that used to be soi 1 (what's it called again?)- kicks off abit later in the evening - quieter early on but have supposedly good food and good live music last time was there. Also Nest above Le Fenix in soi 11. Just new places to try...

Sorry if this is a lame Q, but I have not lived in Bangkok for a few years so I am not current on the "scene." I have a "regular" Thai female friend coming soon to visit me and we may spend a little time in Bangkok. I have heard about the Spice Club in the Ambassador hotel on soi 11. From my earlier days in Bangkok, the Ambassador hotel always had a sorta down-trodden reputation. Is "Spice," their "hip" club/bar any good? Is it like Q-Bar or Bed, by that I mean a place you can go on a regular date, or is it more of a pick-up place for mongers and hotel guests that is full of Thai birds supplementing their day jobs, and where a straight Thai girl might feel uncomfortable, like Spasso or CM2?

Thanks.

You're very close.

Spice is an after hours club where prostitutes go who didn't get bar fined at their regular job in NEP.

It's the modern day Thermae. I guess they are paying off the cops to stay open past the lawful time.

Thanks.

Spice is as any after hours disco in Bkk, or any disco should I said, because even you might have not noticed, many of the birds at Qbar-style discos also are professional...

The only advantage of places as Spice, Boss, Tequila dragon, etc... is that they are opened all night.

Also, in my opinion, any open mind regular woman shouldn't complain to go dancing with the professional, as I've been there with "high so" girls as they called themselves (read: rich) who didn't complain at all, and just got drunk as everybody !

I've been to Spice at the Ambassador any number of times... But...after the first time to see for myself...never of my own choice!!!! However, I have non-pro Thai lady friends who like to go there for drinking and music, and pay no need to the ample number of working girls who assemble there...

In my view, the atmosphere is dank, and the music is boring and bad. It's in the basement/parking garage of the Ambassador, hardly even feels like it's part of the hotel, for better or worse. However, as stated, it is one of the few/only larger after hours places reliably open late in lower Sukhumvit...

For a more enjoyable late evening, I think the Boss club nearby MBK is more fun and a better after hours setting. The change of scenery for me would be worth the 60 baht extra cab fare.

There aren't many afterhours places that don't attract 90% failed hookers really, but various clubs/parties can stay open late depending on the night (Twisted Republic, Gazebo, Narcissus, Pullman). Regular afterhours clubs (and much better than Spice, Spicy and Boss) are Gazebo KSR, The Tunnel on Langsuan, Dude on RCA and Blur on Petchburi (British Club).

Spice Club it's just a s**thole filled with half of the hookers in Bangkok. Bad music, smells like s**t, dirty and really sleazy. Ened up there once, lucky enough I was wasted drunk :o

Unfortunately I got dragged to Spice Club a number of times. Didn't like it but then I was tight with money before I visited Asia so paying 200 baht for something I can buy in 7-eleven for 30 to me is illogical. The "boys" in the toilet think they deserve a tip for handing out toilet paper. <deleted> off give me a break. I'm still not completely comfortable with having a massage while urinating.

There aren't many afterhours places that don't attract 90% failed hookers really, but various clubs/parties can stay open late depending on the night (Twisted Republic, Gazebo, Narcissus, Pullman). Regular afterhours clubs (and much better than Spice, Spicy and Boss) are Gazebo KSR, The Tunnel on Langsuan, Dude on RCA and Blur on Petchburi (British Club).

I thought the Boss club was much better than anything else I had been to, although on the loud side so make sure any conversations are over with before entering - the best bit is the taxi's will !! pick you up for free around Sukhumvit !! and don't turn on the meter because they get 100 baht from the owners of Boss club. RCA is the place to be AFAIK.

I have heard that the Tunnel will be closed for good. I don't know if the guys behind it will open up somewhere else though.

Why am I not surprised? Although I like Electronic / Trance and Dance music (yes born in 85) I do not like sub 20*C's !!! I like to have a warm feeling after a few whiskeys and not be freezing my ass off !! It was a change to go somewhere that wasn't serving up 6-12 month old RnB + pop music. (ella ellla eh eh eh under my f**kbrella) Does anybody else have any details on why Tunnel is closing? If it does open again I can say with some degree of certainty that it will be another RnB + pop piss hole.

So this club has a lot of Spice Girls........................

Normally that would keep me away.............but then again........... maybe not :o

Sorry about the double (similar) posts. Got caught by a sudden rain storm and everything went black :o

Edited by bergen