Spice Club Ambassador Hotel

NotNew2You

Ok, so now I know why there is often a weird gathering in the parking lot outside the place. I stay at the President next door when I'm in town and my idea of living dangerously is making a quick run to the Subway 2 sois down dodging those pushy table vendors and trying to squeeze past rotund burqua wearers.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Spice is in Soi 11 and Spicy is the one behind MBK. Can anyone confirm?

Thats right, this is about the one on soi 11 tho I think.. @ the end of the day there pretty much the same clientelle wise anywayz...

Edited by TopDogger

Just got back from Boss. Somebody told me it's open late, but that it's not like Spicy, though I've always heard from others that it's pretty much the same crap. Well, it was the same crap. Not enough A/C for the crowd, warm 200 baht beer, and lame music. After hours in Bangkok really sucks.

Oh, and it closed at 3:45AM. I guess that's better than the 2:45AM weekday closings at the "after hours" clubs I've been hearing about for a couple of weeks now.

We're talking about the Spice Club in the parking underground of the Ambassador Hotel on Suk Soi 11... which is just a bit down the street and around the corner from Thermae on the main Suk Rd...

About the above comments, I think most people who've been to both would say that Boss is a better, more enjoyable place to frequent... though Soi 11 has a lot of things going on these days, so you can stay there and just walk from place to place... (Bed, Q Bar, Spice, etc etc...), as well as being located just about half way between Nana and Cowboy sois...

About closing times, even for after hours places, there hardly is ever any guarantee or uniformity... One night it's one thing, the next it's a different time. I've been at Spice at the Ambassador before when they closed at or before 2 am courtesy of the BIB... and then other times, they're open until the morning... You pays your money, and takes your chances..... Such is life in BKK....

Oh, and it closed at 3:45AM. I guess that's better than the 2:45AM weekday closings at the "after hours" clubs I've been hearing about for a couple of weeks now.

Everything was fine till block heard came back for his little visit.. 6-7am closing @ 5 or 6 different places & never any probs..

The only places this will benefit are those food/beer stalls that drug n rob people along sukhumvit as they'll be some of the few places serving after 3am...

Sorry if this is a lame Q, but I have not lived in Bangkok for a few years so I am not current on the "scene." I have a "regular" Thai female friend coming soon to visit me and we may spend a little time in Bangkok. I have heard about the Spice Club in the Ambassador hotel on soi 11. From my earlier days in Bangkok, the Ambassador hotel always had a sorta down-trodden reputation. Is "Spice," their "hip" club/bar any good? Is it like Q-Bar or Bed, by that I mean a place you can go on a regular date, or is it more of a pick-up place for mongers and hotel guests that is full of Thai birds supplementing their day jobs, and where a straight Thai girl might feel uncomfortable, like Spasso or CM2?

Thanks.

It's the latter, put it in a category with Spicy, Boss, the old OA, Tunnel, & Luckys

Just got back from Boss. Somebody told me it's open late, but that it's not like Spicy, though I've always heard from others that it's pretty much the same crap. Well, it was the same crap. Not enough A/C for the crowd, warm 200 baht beer, and lame music. After hours in Bangkok really sucks.

Ok but let's be specific, although I'm not disagreeing with you we have to be clear on the details because lets face it, Bangkok is SHIT after 2am and its pretty hard to find a decent place to go. There aren't any, compared to say, oh.. I dunno, any other country in the world aside from North Korea. The difference with Boss is the music - they only ever play dance music by which I mean if you are "supplementing" your drinking you can be sure you will not suffer a stroke thanks to "ELLA ELLA grind give me a dam_n umbrella" or some other sort of nasty repetitive urban cool nonsense.

Boss is unique in that it I have never heard it play any hiphop/rnb and being able to count on that is something I am thankful for. Others come and go like XXX which is now a bloody pool bar and lucifers which is dead most of the time. I'm not saying Boss is a fantastic place- it isn't, it frequently smells of urine and sweat and there are rather more ladyboys than one might hope for but it is a 0.2 / 10 whereas all the other after hours places which, unless you like to wear gold medallions around your neck and jeans with a crotch brushing along the pavement, are a definite 0.1 / 10.

Best of a terrible bunch, at least this month.

I was crushed to find that, as I arrived in boss last night, they played r'n'b tracks for 25 mins nonstop. My world is falling down around me. Tunnel closed. Next plane to Jakarta please

Brit is right.. never pay to get to these places

Edited by OxfordWill

• 3 weeks later...
Sorry if this is a lame Q, but I have not lived in Bangkok for a few years so I am not current on the "scene." I have a "regular" Thai female friend coming soon to visit me and we may spend a little time in Bangkok. I have heard about the Spice Club in the Ambassador hotel on soi 11. From my earlier days in Bangkok, the Ambassador hotel always had a sorta down-trodden reputation. Is "Spice," their "hip" club/bar any good? Is it like Q-Bar or Bed, by that I mean a place you can go on a regular date, or is it more of a pick-up place for mongers and hotel guests that is full of Thai birds supplementing their day jobs, and where a straight Thai girl might feel uncomfortable, like Spasso or CM2?

Thanks.

Theres plenty of cool clubs also at Soi Ekkamai which is also nice and more comf for a straight Thai girl

. Santika for example..The biggest crowd i've ever seen which is mixed between straight Thai girls :o ( some of them of course) and bunch of farang...

Gazebo will be another choice...And like other ppl already said , stay away from Spice CLub..

Thanks.

Theres plenty of cool clubs also at Soi Ekkamai which is also nice and more comf for a straight Thai girl

. Santika for example..The biggest crowd i've ever seen which is mixed between straight Thai girls :o ( some of them of course) and bunch of farang...

Gazebo will be another choice...And like other ppl already said , stay away from Spice CLub..

yep..no "girls on the game" at Santika...haha...i beg to differ. Ditto for Gazebo Sukh...triple Ditto for Gazebo Khao San.

Thanks.

yep..no "girls on the game" at Santika...haha...i beg to differ. Ditto for Gazebo Sukh...triple Ditto for Gazebo Khao San.

Ive been going to Zantica for years, there might be one or 2 hookers out of hundreds... hardly enough to even notice, the majority of the women there are not hookers.

Thanks.

Ive been going to Zantica for years, there might be one or 2 hookers out of hundreds... hardly enough to even notice, the majority of the women there are not hookers.

it may have started out as a cool place to be, but it is just a run of the mill crowded whiskey bar now...loads of G-Girls, Coyote Girls there...thai guys like hookers too mate !