Retirment Visa Or Married Visa

I have a retirement visa based on showing 800,000 in the bank. i have since got married and have been told i only need to show 400,000 is this correct. if so would i have to leave the country every 3 months with a marrige visa. presently i just report to Samui immigration every 3 months.

basically i just want a visa that means i do not have to leave the country every 3 months, but i find keeping 800,000 in Thai account difficult.

Edited by NALAK

I have a retirement visa based on showing 800,000 in the bank. i have since got married and have been told i only need to show 400,000 is this correct. if so would i have to leave the country every 3 months with a marrige visa. presently i just report to Samui immigration every 3 months.

basically i just want a visa that means i do not have to leave the country every 3 months, but i find keeping 800,000 in Thai account difficult.

400,000 in the bank for 3 months cannot be used for a new Extension of Permission to Stay, it is only possible if you have been extending your permission on this basis since before October 2006.

Nowadays you must show a joint income of 40,000 per month for an extension based on marriage.

If you are succesful in extending your visa on the basis of marriage to a Thai, then you just report the same as you do for your retirement visa.

Edited by digitalchromakey

thanks for the info, i have ivestment income of about 55,000 per month so i assume i just have show proof of income from the embassey. as a mater of interest do i have to get the letter translated and officially stamped like the afformation to marry translation

Edited by NALAK

Yes this is indeed correct, how you will need show proof of marriage, and that the Bt400,000 is from an out of country source, same as before with the retirement visa . :o

Yes this is indeed correct, how you will need show proof of marriage, and that the Bt400,000 is from an out of country source, same as before with the retirement visa . :o

No you will not.

You will need the embassy letter showing your income. Probably a bank acc. book

Wifes house book and ID Card.

Photos of you and your Wife in and around your house.

Map to your house.

Take thy Wife to be interviewed

Expect a house visit and the neighbours to be talked to.

Your Marriage certificat.

Edited by Lite Beer

Retirement extension of stay is 800k in bank 3 months, 65k per month income per Embassy letter or combination of letter and bank account to meet 800k per year. This is no change if you are married or not.

Family extension of stay is available to those married to a Thai and requires 40k per month family income.

There used to be a bank deposit method for family (Thai wife) extension of stay using 400k but that is no longer open to new applicants.