Your Greatest Challenge.

RakJungTorlae

Thai language is one here also. Gave it a shot for the first year, but slipped off when I reached the usual comfort zone.

Which brings me onto the main, ongoing challenge - staying motivated. For some reason I find it much more difficult staying focused on anything here than I do back in the UK. Is it the climate, the culture, (the stress?). Not sure, but it requires a conscious effort to conquer.

Thai language is one here also. Gave it a shot for the first year, but slipped off when I reached the usual comfort zone.

Which brings me onto the main, ongoing challenge - staying motivated. For some reason I find it much more difficult staying focused on anything here than I do back in the UK. Is it the climate, the culture, (the stress?). Not sure, but it requires a conscious effort to conquer.

Motivation itself (a separate topic) is a big determinant in how hard we try to meet a challenge. For me, being retired is a huge challenge. I worked like a maniac and suddenly, now, I can not work legally if I find it. Frustrating, especially when I could do it.

You wouldn't think this but looking Thai, speaking perfect Thai but thinking like a Farang is a great handicap here sometimes.

That must be very interesting. Can you give us more examples ?

Re motivation : I blame the heat, usually. Some seem less affected by it than others. Perhaps they are just more motivated.

I think seeing how simple life can be is mostly a plus, as it allows a focus on whatever does matter to you, but renders much farang-style "busyness" even less meaningful than it may have appeared before. We confront the void :o. Stress can be useful, up to a certain level. Somehow a balance must be found.

Edited by sylviex

Of lately?

Hmm….I have to say

Try to make some farangs,…. oh wait…“some foreigners“…. understand that Thailand is not like your back home.

Veeeeery difficult so far, sometimes I feel like….. I would rather hang myself first.

They aren't back home because they CHOOSE to live in Thailand. I love Thailand and have no real issues with how Thais treat Farangs. It would be nice if long term visas were easier to acquire for younger x-pats, but in the end, they sure are easier than the visa rules back home.