Help : How To Convert .mov File To .mp4

Palace

Need quick (pun intended) help on how to convert a .mov file created by a video camera into a Windows readable video format like mp4.

Can this be done in QuickTime (Mac version) running on a Macbook or do i need to install a freeware converter?

Thanks.

your machine should be able to read .mov it's the quicktime format. just download Quick time for windows.

you can use iTunes to convert your .mov to .mp4 by adding it to your library then clicking on it and tell the file to convert.

or alternatively just get VLC player and it will play just about anything under the sun.

http://www.videolan.org/vlc/

Edited by ozymandious

actually, the reason i need to convert is i sent the .mov file to someone on Windows XP. she doesn't have QuickTime and cannot be bothered to install, i guess. :o

anyway, i'll try your suggestion to use iTunes.

thanks a lot.

actually, the reason i need to convert is i sent the .mov file to someone on Windows XP. she doesn't have QuickTime and cannot be bothered to install, i guess. :o

anyway, i'll try your suggestion to use iTunes.

thanks a lot.

Just install Quicktime Alternative, it will allow the file to play without installing the big bloated quicktime app. The normal version includes media player classic, a nice lightweight media player, and the lite version installs only the codecs needed for playback with other media players.

HERE.