Selling A House In Pattaya

As long as the Baht shows any strength, residential sales are going to be few and far between. Add to that the global credit disaster and collapsing asset and commodity prices and I doubt the market will pick up for, perhaps four or five years?

yes the baht is very strong against the pound, but the euro is ok, cant see many brits buying at present, may be different for the europeans, and especially the russians

:o euro is OK ?...the € dropped more than 18% versus the Baht in a 52-wk period from 53.725 to 43.893.

I know this is artificial and has nothing to do with the fundamentals of the economy in Thailand but the sailing along Baht with the USD which in it's turn is overvalued as well.

And, I don't see many Europeans or even Russians buying any real estate...where ever.

Too many people (including the Russian billionaires) have something else on their mind nowadays rather than buying holiday homes.

LaoPo

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As long as the Baht shows any strength, residential sales are going to be few and far between. Add to that the global credit disaster and collapsing asset and commodity prices and I doubt the market will pick up for, perhaps four or five years?

yes the baht is very strong against the pound, but the euro is ok, cant see many brits buying at present, may be different for the europeans, and especially the russians

I think Europe is also in trouble , Russia is/was a major market for me , and right now they are very tight with money ,sharemarket down over 60% and i think the big boom in Russia is over ,property prices falling in Moscow as well so they have there own property problems ,unfortunatly right now no money nowhere,will come back but needs time

I think Europe is also in trouble , Russia is/was a major market for me , and right now they are very tight with money ,sharemarket down over 60% and i think the big boom in Russia is over ,property prices falling in Moscow as well so they have there own property problems ,unfortunatly right now no money nowhere,will come back but needs time

on top of that Russia' s recent wealth was helped by oil

and with that droping from $147 to $65 the prospects are looking bleak

Edited by midas

on top of that Russia' s recent wealth was helped by oil

and with that droping from $147 to $65 the prospects are looking bleak

Midas,

Forget oil. have you seen the Moscow RTS recently?

Interest rates at 12% too as they battle to save the Rouble.