Street Fighter Iv Coin-op

konangrit

Where in Bangkok are the best arcades to go to for the latest games? Street Fighter IV released in Japan last week, so I'm wondering if anywhere has it yet. If not, how long does it usually take for the latest games to come over here?

Sorry if this is in the wrong section, I wasn't really sure which one to put it in.

Where in Bangkok are the best arcades to go to for the latest games? Street Fighter IV released in Japan last week, so I'm wondering if anywhere has it yet. If not, how long does it usually take for the latest games to come over here?

Sorry if this is in the wrong section, I wasn't really sure which one to put it in.

Not much chance of that - most "legal" arcades are run by Galaxy, and they rarely import new games. Your best chance will be for someone to install a version for Playstation or Xbox.

Oh well, looks like I'll have to wait for the PS3 version, surprised there isn't anywhere that gets the latest arcades.

At least Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix shouldn't be too far away as I don't think we'll see Street Fighter IV on consoles this year either.

Since then, following his creative instincts, Galaxy Group businesses expanded significantly covering many areas such as travel agency, hotel, property, etc. The main focus of Galaxy Group is to aim towards becoming a leader in the field of hi-tech entertainment. In 1995, Galaxy Entertainment, a subsidiary company, was founded and is named the biggest arcade game provider in Thailand holding exclusive license of SEGA, NAMCO, SNK, CAPCOM, KONAMI, JALECO, TECMO, SKEEBALL, ATARI, and WEECHIN.

http://www.ini3.co.th/galaxy.asp

So I take it there isn't much chance that anyone else would risk importing.

หลังจากที่ชาว Tekken รอคอยกันมานานกับ Tekken 6 วันนี้ก็ได้สมหวังกันซะที เมื่อวันที่ 10 เม.ย. 2551 ที่ผ่านมาบริษัท แกแล็คซี่ เอ็ดดูไฮเทค จำกัด ได้ทำการเปิดให้บริการตู้ Tekken 6 จำนวน 14 ตู้ โดยกระจายความมันส์ ไปตามสาขาต่างๆ มากถึง 10 สาขา เหล่าสาวก Tekken นัดปะลองฝีมือกันได้แล้ววันนี้..

http://www.galaxy.co.th/content/tekken6.html

They took 4-5 months to import Tekken 6, but I guess that's far more popular nowadays than Street Fighter, so I doubt it will arrive here this year either.

Not much chance of that - most "legal" arcades are run by Galaxy

Are there any "illegal" arcades which import Japanese coin-ops without owning the rights?

Edited by konangrit

Tekken was like the first game they imported in 10 years... if you go to any of their arcades you will be hard pressed to find anything newer than 5 years old.

Personally, I would love to see Galaxy bring in all the newest games - but don't hold your breath.

In the next quarter of this financial year, Capcom has no plans to launch any major titles. According to insiders however, Capcom said in a conference call today that it did plan to launch Street Fighter IV on Xbox 360, PS3 and PC in the third quarter of this financial year, which would make it a holiday release (this Thanksgiving in the US?). Nothing has been confirmed, but that would make sense as Resident Evil 5 launches in March 2009.

Link

Maybe four months away, so not too long to wait.

• 3 years later...