Jump to content

90 day report online rejected because of TM.30


Recommended Posts

I'm new to the the non-O visa and got a surprise when my 90 report online was rejected because apparently my address was changed to a hotel I stayed at on Samui.

 

What is the protocol here? am I supposed to update the TM.30 online every time I do a hotel or they change my home address? That seems like a bit much even more Thai immigration. I suppose now I need to go to immigration to do the 90 day report too.

 

Thanks.

  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, NorthernRyland said:

I'm new to the the non-O visa and got a surprise when my 90 report online was rejected because apparently my address was changed to a hotel I stayed at on Samui.

 

What is the protocol here? am I supposed to update the TM.30 online every time I do a hotel or they change my home address? That seems like a bit much even more Thai immigration. I suppose now I need to go to immigration to do the 90 day report too.

 

Thanks.

You are supposed to do a TM 30 when you change address.

Go and stay in a hotel and the hotel does a TM 30 for you.

Go and stay in an AirBnb and the AirBnb 'owner' should do a TM 30 for you.

You are now registered at the hotel or AirBnb address.

Return home and you should do a TM 30 report again.

Many folk say that you do not need to do the home one again but......

      ...........many folk are finding that some immigration offices say that you do.

  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Tropicalevo said:

....You are now registered at the hotel or AirBnb address.

Return home and you should do a TM 30 report again.

No.

All the current issues with TM30 required have to do with online 90 day reporting since online was "upgraded". Seems to be sync issue. 

Few threads running on this. 

  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, DrJack54 said:

No.

All the current issues with TM30 required have to do with online 90 day reporting since online was "upgraded". Seems to be sync issue. 

Few threads running on this. 

Yes my issue is with the online 90 day report. In fact I did a previous 90 day report after the Samui trip in January but that was in person and there was no problem. I'll go back to immigration and do it but I guess the online system has my address recorded wrong.

 

It may be required to update the TM.30 online now to get synced but their system could just be buggy too. Doubtful the immigration people could fix it either but I'll ask.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, NorthernRyland said:

Yes my issue is with the online 90 day report.

Does your immigration office accept 90 day reports via mail? 

If a yes TM30 should not be required 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

47 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Does your immigration office accept 90 day reports via mail? 

If a yes TM30 should not be required 

Chiang Mai so probably? I need to get a reentry permit anyways and I'm leaving the country on the 3rd next month which is only a few days after my 90 report is due. Will they get me on the 3 days I didn't report before I leave the country?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, NorthernRyland said:

I'm new to the the non-O visa and got a surprise when my 90 report online was rejected because apparently my address was changed to a hotel I stayed at on Samui.

 

What is the protocol here? am I supposed to update the TM.30 online every time I do a hotel or they change my home address? That seems like a bit much even more Thai immigration. I suppose now I need to go to immigration to do the 90 day report too.

 

Thanks.

You mention you use the Chiangmai Immigration; as such, you can file your 90-day at the walk-up (or drive-thru) window or even inside without a problem or question.  I'm not 100% sure of the re-entry permit but am guessing you're fine to get that with a copy of the current TM30 Receipt of Notification you have in your passport (along with the other regular documents and fee).

Whoever actually reviews the online TM47 filings for Chiangmai doesn't know the current law (June of 2020) that says one doesn't need to do anything with your TM30 deal if you stay elsewhere in Thailand and return to your TM30 registered address; however, they've flagged you (has happened to me twice for the same reason) and you'll have to go back to the TM30 office sometime in the future and have them "update" your TM30 filing before you can use the online TM47 filing system again.  But, like I said, the current rejection you have won't affect you filing the TM47 in person (or, likely, obtaining your re-entry permit).   

Presuming, like you said, you're going to the CM Immigration office for a re-entry permit anyway, there's no excuse not to file your TM47 at the same time (do it at the walk-up or drive-thru window first). 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, Tropicalevo said:

You are supposed to do a TM 30 when you change address.

Go and stay in a hotel and the hotel does a TM 30 for you.

Go and stay in an AirBnb and the AirBnb 'owner' should do a TM 30 for you.

You are now registered at the hotel or AirBnb address.

Return home and you should do a TM 30 report again.

Many folk say that you do not need to do the home one again but......

      ...........many folk are finding that some immigration offices say that you do.

Happened to me we stayed a night in town . I done TM30 on line even though 4 months ago. Opened a account for wife and processed. Next day done the 90 day report again and was approved. No fines. 😊

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/24/2024 at 7:14 PM, NorthernRyland said:

I'm new to the the non-O visa and got a surprise when my 90 report online was rejected because apparently my address was changed to a hotel I stayed at on Samui.

 

 

probably you mentioned living in a city that was not Samui so they rejected it, either say you live in Samui or fix your TM 30 address

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.








×
×
  • Create New...