Regent Apartments...they Have Stripped Everything

Update. Moving ahead leaps and bounds :D Another crane installed far left of pic and another 2 crane/hoists jutting out on top floor also. This finishing will be a brilliant and total transformation of the soi. Guess bingo bongo got this project totally wrong :o .

Photo-0017.jpg

Edited by zorro1

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Update. Moving ahead leaps and bounds :D Another crane installed far left of pic and another 2 crane/hoists jutting out on top floor also. This finishing will be a brilliant and total transformation of the soi. Guess bingo bongo got this project totally wrong :o .

You sound surprised.

You sound surprised.

They really ramped it up last few days. They projecting a 12 month completion

• 2 weeks later...
Latest update

They have commenced work on the Regent Hotel as well. Who could imagine this soi would be upmarket one day? now if we could only make the Miami hotel disappear...

Photo-0019_1.jpg

Fantastic news.

By the looks, I think they are serious about finishing this job now :o

Soi 13 will transform once this development is complete.

Soi 13 will be the place to live.

Living in exile since then the hotel is also covered in blue tarp. No need for me to post any more pics for a few months the project is flying :o

I went to the Trendy sales office today by mistake to pay water rates so while I was there I asked for their sales list and guess what? only 3 units left at 95000 bht sqm.

• 4 weeks later...

Did you have a chance to take some pictures of The Renents?

I will add some more pics both buildings now totally covered in blur tarp and construction running at full pace. all cranes and lifts working non stop but your right most work stops around 6 pm.

Good picture and the north tower looks like it is being completed, but there is no cran and just raw rebar on the south tower closest to Sukhumvit.

Doesn't really look like a busy building site.

You are correct, the south tower (assuming that's the hotel) does look like not alot is happening other than the blue construction cladding.

I will add some more pics both buildings now totally covered in blur tarp and construction running at full pace. all cranes and lifts working non stop but your right most work stops around 6 pm.

I have been away but I see BKK James has taken care of it. There is now another pause so I imagine theses guys were just the "fencing contractors" the front gates are nearly always shut so lets see when the next crew arrives.

I have been away but I see BKK James has taken care of it. There is now another pause so I imagine theses guys were just the "fencing contractors" the front gates are nearly always shut so lets see when the next crew arrives.

here is a thought, maybe one of you 'owners' would like to ask a friendly mod to change the title of this thread to reflect that it is again proceeding?

here is a thought, maybe one of you 'owners' would like to ask a friendly mod to change the title of this thread to reflect that it is again proceeding?

lol James, on a civilised forum that would be the right thing to do , but here it would bring out the naysayers and doomsdayers and it would again turn into yet another off topic dont buy in Thai thread. At least with this title its peaceful in here :o

• 2 weeks later...

I visited a friend in that soi yesterday.

The Regent building is so quiet and dead....nothing is happening.

I always wonder why the builder would stop or pause the construction project. Don't they want to finish the project asap so they can collect the rest of the money from buyers and make their projected earnings? After all, they started construction after they have collected enough fund/payment from the buyers, so where did the money go? Unless.....they spent the money on something else and lost it all.

No banks will lend to any real estate development project now, that's for sure.

I feel sorry for the Regent buyers now.

Edited by Scott123

I visited a friend in that soi yesterday.

The Regent building is so quiet and dead....nothing is happening.

I always wonder why the builder would stop or pause the construction project. Don't they want to finish the project asap so they can collect the rest of the money from buyers and make their projected earnings? After all, they started construction after they have collected enough fund/payment from the buyers, so where did the money go? Unless.....they spent the money on something else and lost it all.

No banks will lend to any real estate development project now, that's for sure.

I feel sorry for the Regent buyers now.

Scott, chances are the construction company went belly up when the raw material costs went through the roof and they couldn't deliver to SC at the agreed price. see Steveoman or quicksilva if you require further thoughts.

Scott, chances are the construction company went belly up when the raw material costs went through the roof and they couldn't deliver to SC at the agreed price. see Steveoman or quicksilva if you require further thoughts.

the cost of raw material may be one of the reasons, but I doubt. During the the price hike period in the last couple years, plenty of other construction project were successfully completed, and even now, there are many construction actively in progress. Just a few steps away, the Sofitel construction is finishing up nicely.

In additonal, ever since the subprime and economy recession last year, the material cost has come down quite a bit.

I wonder why there is no official explaination of the delay from Regent itself. Buyers are left to speculate the reason. Did the construction company went belly up because of the raw material cost or because of some other reasons? was there any fraudulent conduct involved? anybody is free to guess. In Thailand, transperency is not a high priority issue.

Edited by Scott123

the cost of raw material may be one of the reasons, but I doubt. During the the price hike period in the last couple years, plenty of other construction project were successfully completed, and even now, there are many construction actively in progress. Just a few steps away, the Sofitel construction is finishing up nicely.

In additonal, ever since the subprime and economy recession last year, the material cost has come down quite a bit.

I wonder why there is no official explaination of the delay from Regent itself. Buyers are left to speculate the reason. Did the construction company went belly up because of the raw material cost or because of some other reasons? was there any fraudulent conduct involved? anybody is free to guess. In Thailand, transperency is not a high priority issue.

Are there many people who bought into The Regent? When they bought were they given an expected occupancy date? Have they been given any explanation?

It's kinda irrelevant why the company went ti*ts up, the fact remains the same as far as a developer is concerned. Most big developers lock in their con-costs, but when the raw materials skyrocket, construction companies face a challenge to produce.

As for your subprime theory, the Regent was in trouble long before that showed it's ugly face. Like every development in the world, buyers are given an approx completion date.

As for its status now, a few months back the developer and sales agent I believe sent out a letter to buyers saying that construction would commence again - and from what I see, it has.

Most construction worker take a week or more off for New Years. Most projects are just now getting back up to full speed.

On all three of our projects, we still have not reached pre-holiday peak, expect to this week. One contractor tried to get people to stay by offering extra pay, didn't have much sucess.

TH

It's kinda irrelevant why the company went ti*ts up, the fact remains the same as far as a developer is concerned. Most big developers lock in their con-costs, but when the raw materials skyrocket, construction companies face a challenge to produce.

As for your subprime theory, the Regent was in trouble long before that showed it's ugly face. Like every development in the world, buyers are given an approx completion date.

As for its status now, a few months back the developer and sales agent I believe sent out a letter to buyers saying that construction would commence again - and from what I see, it has.

Hi James, dont post here a lot these days, have jumped in to the stock market big time and busy researching and all good so far. It appears you maybe correct! new developer contract signed months back however my latest news is they are now "fund raising" not a good time to be doing this

• 2 weeks later...
Can anybody in the area confirm, with pictures if possible, if The Regency is a active building site or still at a standstill?

Robert

I live at the trendy across the road and unfortunately zero work , I walk past the site everyday. I know a few owners who are asking for money back or trying to sell off their condos. Its panic everywhere world wide but why would they completely cover the regent in the standard dust cloth if it wasn't eventually going ahead? Ring the head office for your own research