Regent Apartments...they Have Stripped Everything

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking down from the 6th floor pool can see 3 trucks one unloading large metal frames and around 10 workers

10 workers, hmm this development will be completed by the next century.

Don'T be to quick to pick which century James. 8 of them were laying in the shade

Looking down from the 6th floor pool can see 3 trucks one unloading large metal frames and around 10 workers

10 workers, hmm this development will be completed by the next century.

Don'T be to quick to pick which century James. 8 of them were laying in the shade

Fantastic news Zorro, contract holders will be relieved.

If and when they finish this development it will transform the whole area.

Great news

Further update. Sitting by the pool just 50 m from construction I certainly have a birds eye view. Crane lifting some sort of metal frame 2x2x2m into some of the shells. Still only a few workers and there is no lift installed yet

Further update. Sitting by the pool just 50 m from construction I certainly have a birds eye view. Crane lifting some sort of metal frame 2x2x2m into some of the shells. Still only a few workers and there is no lift installed yet

perhaps this frame you see will be the construction elevator? Or they could be building temporary housing for the workers on Soi 11 :o

Hope they finish soon it will get rid of all the vermin farang hanging out in the plastic table and chair section at 3am at the end of the soi getting blind drunk and pissing everywhere. But where will I go then :o

Hope they finish soon it will get rid of all the vermin farang hanging out in the plastic table and chair section at 3am at the end of the soi getting blind drunk and pissing everywhere. But where will I go then :D

Nothing you can do about the quality of the neighborhood zoro except throw yourself out mate. BTW, the best place to pee along here is on soi 7 about 25 meters up the left. (so I hear :o )

Hope they finish soon it will get rid of all the vermin farang hanging out in the plastic table and chair section at 3am at the end of the soi getting blind drunk and pissing everywhere. But where will I go then :D

Nothing you can do about the quality of the neighborhood zoro except throw yourself out mate. BTW, the best place to pee along here is on soi 7 about 25 meters up the left. (so I hear :o )

James I'm in dispute I believe its 35 m so I will pace it out tonight. Anyway you already started an off topic thread

Edited by zorro1

James I'm in dispute I believe its 35 m so I will pace it out tonight. Anyway you already started an off topic thread

I didn't bring up the pee thing but anyways, it does bring up a better question. Do you think the local nightlife on Suk road at off hours will affect property values at the Regent long term or will it be seen as part of the local colour?

Can't see myself wanting to live next to brawling bg's and farangs everynight of the week at 3am outside my home?

I didn't bring up the pee thing but anyways, it does bring up a better question. Do you think the local nightlife on Suk road at off hours will affect property values at the Regent long term or will it be seen as part of the local colour?

Can't see myself wanting to live next to brawling bg's and farangs everynight of the week at 3am outside my home?

People that live in this immediate area hate those after midnight street bars...the problem is the tourists love them!!

It seems the street stalls and the bars are getting busier by the month.

I also live in Trendy (when I'm in town) and also curious as to how this area will transform when the Regent is complete.

High tourists areas equate to higher property values so I'm all for a thriving nightlife district along this part of Sukumvit.

Zorro...how is the Ambasador refurb going?

James that whole cnr of soi13 will be a dramatically diff place. The Sofitel is 6 mths from being finished and the driveway entrance will clear up all the vendors and 3am street bars and the Regent should clean up the other side. That's`the way I see it happening although I don't think it will affect prices either way but the Regent getting finished will affect Trendys long term value for obvious reasons

livniginexile where are you champ? the walkway direct to soi 11 and villa is open and there is around 25 shops (empty) just finished on the left and they just started on the right side. The Ambassador main hotel has completed the opening of the new reception which was the old reception area. This whole are will be one huge transformation 1-2 years

James that whole cnr of soi13 will be a dramatically diff place. The Sofitel is 6 mths from being finished and the driveway entrance will clear up all the vendors and 3am street bars and the Regent should clean up the other side. That's`the way I see it happening although I don't think it will affect prices either way but the Regent getting finished will affect Trendys long term value for obvious reasons

Is it just me or is that Sofitel the longest construction project in history of Suk? They have been at it for 4-5 years, possibly more because I remember that area when it had a bunch of good bars back around 2001 that were routed out to make room for this hotel.

livniginexile where are you champ? the walkway direct to soi 11 and villa is open and there is around 25 shops (empty) just finished on the left and they just started on the right side. The Ambassador main hotel has completed the opening of the new reception which was the old reception area. This whole are will be one huge transformation 1-2 years

Hey Zorro, long time no see :D

I'm working mate, still in Dubai. Someones got to keep the world economy going :o

Great news about Regent if they keep up the work. Do you think they were hoisting window frames?

I rented out my flat in Trendy thats why I havn't been there for a while. Back in LOS in December tho, I'll call you for a beer.

"Sitting by the pool just 50 m from construction..." Geez what a life :D

Latest update from Trendy pool deck chair. They are installing the metal frames for the safety nets on the 6 th floor and looks like they may finish that floor today. Crane and a dozen workers plugging away ever soooo slowly

Actually Im only 20m from the action. Should be qualified enough to start my own project in 12 mths or so :o

Edited by zorro1

Latest.

2 cranes now working full time.

It's allmost too good to be true!

Zorro, do you know who the new builder is?

What are they hoisting?

Are they building form work for concrete pours?

How about safety scaffold? any going up?

My fingers are crossed.

I would love to know who is funding these works now Lehman is out of the picture.

Mate at the moment they are erecting the support for the safety nets and have finished both the 6th and 14th floors. They are also hoisting up scaffolding. Lots more workers and the stair well is lit up all night. Don'T know who the Japanese company is that's taken over though. There is also a restaurant opening opposite, part of a chain but again the name escapes me. When you heading back?

No concrete pours yet

Edited by zorro1

Mate at the moment they are erecting the support for the safety nets and have finished both the 6th and 14th floors. They are also hoisting up scaffolding. Lots more workers and the stair well is lit up all night. Don'T know who the Japanese company is that's taken over though. There is also a restaurant opening opposite, part of a chain but again the name escapes me. When you heading back?

No concrete pours yet

Thanx for the update mate. Sounds like they are gearing up to finish this job.

I will try to get back for the xmas/newyear period, not sure yet.

My shout for a beer.

:o

Zorro, man you need to get a hobby of some kind and quit stairing out at the building all day and night for signs of movement! :o

Your right, yesterday when it rained and work stopped I went into depression.

I hear you brother.

When I looked at your latest pic's of The Regent I was weeping with joy. :D

thanks for the update zorro!! good to see that activities are finally waking up at the Regent....it will be good for everyone for this project to finally finish in 1-3 years (hopefully)....

Well the word is 12 mths so add in B.S factor of 50% just to be sure :o

thanks for the update zorro!! good to see that activities are finally waking up at the Regent....it will be good for everyone for this project to finally finish in 1-3 years (hopefully)....

Well the word is 12 mths so add in B.S factor of 50% just to be sure :o

Is that for the condos AND hotel? I don't see much happening with the hotel at this point.