Honda Wave 125x At Carrefour

Lancelot

I noticed a Honda Wave 125X at my local (Pattaya Klang) Carrefour the other day and I may finally take the plunge and buy my first motor bike. The price seemed right at B40,500 as well.

Have any forum members bought a motor bike from Carrefour? If so:

Does Carrefour service the bike?

Did Carrefour complete the title documents and license plates?

Would you buy another bike from them or go directly to a dealer?

Thanks in advance :o

Lance

Hi Lancelot,

The chances are that it is not really Carrefour who is selling the bikes, they just rented some space in the store to a sales person, the price of the 125X is okay. But I would serious consider buying the bike at a Honda dealer, as they normally give a whole box of free goodies... (As the Wave 125X is the cheapest in the Wave 125 range you get maybe a small box with goodies, but still)

Go to a dealer.

Make sure they do not give you a skinny little front tire.

Get a front disk brake.

BUY A GOOD LOCK

for the love of god why would you want to waste money and time to BUY A GOOD LOCK for a wave 125x?

Go to a dealer.

Get a front disk brake.

BUY A GOOD LOCK

for the love of god why would you want to waste money and time to BUY A GOOD LOCK for a wave 125x?

Deters thieves :o

Go to a dealer.

Get a front disk brake.

BUY A GOOD LOCK

Coming out and finding your ride missing is such a nuisance.

Hi Lancelot,

The chances are that it is not really Carrefour who is selling the bikes, they just rented some space in the store to a sales person, the price of the 125X is okay. But I would serious consider buying the bike at a Honda dealer, as they normally give a whole box of free goodies... (As the Wave 125X is the cheapest in the Wave 125 range you get maybe a small box with goodies, but still)

Richard,

Thanks, I never considered a "consignment" situation. I've also noticed that the sales staff don't seem interested in pomoting/selling the bike (as opposed to when a casually look at an electrical appliance and four staff run over to sell me somethng :o )

Can you recommend a particular Honda dealer in Pattaya?

Thanks in advance,

Lance

• 4 months later...
  • 10 months later...

Lancelot:

Since I'm getting ready to buy, I have two questions: What is the 125 price at Carrefour and how much are extras(e.g. insurance, helmets, extra lock, etc.)?

Hi Lancelot,

Richard,

Thanks, I never considered a "consignment" situation. I've also noticed that the sales staff don't seem interested in pomoting/selling the bike (as opposed to when a casually look at an electrical appliance and four staff run over to sell me somethng :) )

Can you recommend a particular Honda dealer in Pattaya?

Thanks in advance,

Lance

Go to a dealer.

Get a front disk brake.

BUY A GOOD LOCK

Deters thieves :)

Don't wash it while it's still new, will have the same effect. Why would somebody steal your Wave 125X out of thousands of similar ones parked around it? Unless it's looking too new and too shiny and is parked in a really shitty neighborhood it should be fine.

Or park next to a Fino. If a thief comes along, they'll take the Fino. :D

If you are going to buy a new bike, the only dealer in town is Mityon. Forget about bargaining. You will get a helmet, maybe two.

You could pick up the same bike 3 moths old for about 30,000 at Mityon as well.

Someone bought it and could no longer afford the payments. My friend has 49 bikes for rent and buys them all from between a few months and two yers old at 1/4 to more than 1/3 off.

Do the same.