The Chance

AlexLah

Hi all,

This week it will be decided if Thailand is ready for a change ore just keep following the same lame excuse of , this is Thai culture.

I probed some of my Thai friends and asked them this question.

Are the Thai people ready for a fundamental change in their thinking?

Surprisingly 90% of my team told me they are fed up with the current situation.

They are fed up with the whole face thing.

They are tired with the bribing and corruption and want change.

Even the GM admitted he was wrong to believe in Thaksin and Samak and he told he lost face big time.

From what I observe in my company, the people are tired of listening to empty promises.

So I only hope justice will be done so that Thailand and their people can move forward and can finally start to build a nation where there is no more poverty and injustice.

Please to you Thai people, fight the injustice and get rid of those that only think about themselves.

You can do it!

Kind regards,

Alex

My wife says the same she is sick of face and bribery and lack of law enforcement and sheer stupidity in government offices when she has to go there.

"Yes put 900 baht of fuel in the car, handed over 1000 baht note and got 900 baht change, drove off, yes he probably had it stopped from his salary, lost his job,and his wife divorced him!!

He did have a rather distant look............ many do."

And what does your wife think of the above - or did you not get round to telling her yet ? :o

My wife says the same she is sick of face and bribery and lack of law enforcement and sheer stupidity in government offices when she has to go there.

"Yes put 900 baht of fuel in the car, handed over 1000 baht note and got 900 baht change, drove off, yes he probably had it stopped from his salary, lost his job,and his wife divorced him!!

And what does your wife think of the above - or did you not get round to telling her yet ? :o

She thought it was a bad thing to do but I think if the guy actually paid some attention in his job it wouldnt have happened.

Happy now?

She thought it was a bad thing to do but I think if the guy actually paid some attention in his job it wouldnt have happened.

Happy now?

Never mind me - you're the one that has to live with it. I'm happy that most people would have thought it worth the baht to see the guy's relief/pleasure/gratitude that you could have ripped him off but didn't. Ask your wife about about "do good, get good; do bad, get bad".

I don't claim to be a do gooder or a saint, BUT, no way would I have driven off with that money. I would hope you have a change of heart and go give 800 baht back to the poor schmuck.

You’re the guy who thought he saw an alien or ufo yeah? whatever.

POWER TO THE PEOPLE!!!

No no no no no no no no nooooooooooooo :o

I never claimed seeing an UFO.

I said I had seen a strange light.

:D

And indeed if you look at the snaps they show rainbow clouds which are very rare and some kind of blib.

And I agree the people should be in power but looking at the EU where three countries voted no against ammending the EU constitution or whatever it is called I have litlle hope............

Signs are definately there that one day there will be the new world order, one world government and total police state, but that is worth another topic.

Anyway had a discussion today with a guy and a lady who are pro Takkie and Samak.

I asked them if it is OK if I steal their money whenever they leave their wallet unattended.

Noooo you cannot do that, it is very bad to steal they replied.

I then asked them why I cannot steal their money but their beloved previous leader is allowed to.

I then also told them I fully understand their position as suporters of the previous regime but also that it would show strenght to admitt they where wrong same as the GM did.

The lady and the guy both have children so I asked if they think it would be good if their children learn how to cheat and lie by looking and copy the country leaders behaviour.

I showed them how (for example) SG developed in just a few generations.

And yes, showing responsability and honesty (by for example returning that 900 Baht that you stole from someone) would be a first step in the right direction.

Do you feel proud that you took advantage of someone that made a mistake?

Are you that poor that 900 Baht for you is like a month salary, get a life and please return that money and let us know that you did, you wil be praised......

Anyway back on topic, tommorow is the big day and I really hope that justice is served paving the way for a new fresh wind blowing through Thai culture.

Last week I was a speaker at a bizz seminar and after I finished one of the participants came to me and told me I opened their eyes.

So from my feeling, people slowly start to wake up and finally realise something needs to change.

It will take time, and maybe I will not be a witness to this change, but hopefully after tommorow the first step will be taken.

Kind regards,

Alex

Happy now?

Never mind me - you're the one that has to live with it. I'm happy that most people would have thought it worth the baht to see the guy's relief/pleasure/gratitude that you could have ripped him off but didn't. Ask your wife about about "do good, get good; do bad, get bad".

I'm not having nightmares, I doubt there would have been anything but a blank look from him if I had told him and if he'd paid attention like so many dont (including him) it wouldnt have happened, he just didnt care it was quite apparent, I said he had a "distant" look and when a customer is in front of me they get my full attention. I think the reality is do bad often and you have more chance of bad coming back but not necessarily so you may well die happy having done bad all your life.

Maybe if he lost his job he gained a valuable lesson but then again???????

Edited by lardy

You're the guy who thought he saw an alien or ufo yeah? whatever.

POWER TO THE PEOPLE!!!

No no no no no no no no nooooooooooooo :o

I never claimed seeing an UFO.

I said I had seen a strange light.

:D

And indeed if you look at the snaps they show rainbow clouds which are very rare and some kind of blib.

And I agree the people should be in power but looking at the EU where three countries voted no against ammending the EU constitution or whatever it is called I have litlle hope............

Signs are definately there that one day there will be the new world order, one world government and total police state, but that is worth another topic.

Anyway had a discussion today with a guy and a lady who are pro Takkie and Samak.

I asked them if it is OK if I steal their money whenever they leave their wallet unattended.

Noooo you cannot do that, it is very bad to steal they replied.

I then asked them why I cannot steal their money but their beloved previous leader is allowed to.

I then also told them I fully understand their position as suporters of the previous regime but also that it would show strenght to admitt they where wrong same as the GM did.

The lady and the guy both have children so I asked if they think it would be good if their children learn how to cheat and lie by looking and copy the country leaders behaviour.

I showed them how (for example) SG developed in just a few generations.

And yes, showing responsability and honesty (by for example returning that 900 Baht that you stole from someone) would be a first step in the right direction.

Do you feel proud that you took advantage of someone that made a mistake?

Are you that poor that 900 Baht for you is like a month salary, get a life and please return that money and let us know that you did, you wil be praised......

Anyway back on topic, tommorow is the big day and I really hope that justice is served paving the way for a new fresh wind blowing through Thai culture.

Last week I was a speaker at a bizz seminar and after I finished one of the participants came to me and told me I opened their eyes.

So from my feeling, people slowly start to wake up and finally realise something needs to change.

It will take time, and maybe I will not be a witness to this change, but hopefully after tommorow the first step will be taken.

Kind regards,

Alex

I'm sorry I really dont care about people who can't do their job properly. I feel no guilt whatsoever.