Can't Get Atm Withdrawal

I have account and ATM card with Citibank, USA.

I know the accout is ok (not blocked), and I can get my balance via ATM, but am not able to get cash withdrawal.

The message on different machines is: "invalid amount" or "communiation error" I've tried with Bt.5k, 10k, 20k baht amounts.

It worked ok up until last week, but this week it's not good. It doesn't apply to the 24 hour rule, because this glitch has been going on (for me) for 3 days.

Anyone else experiencing recent problems with ATM's? Any bright ideas are appreciated.

I know the accout is ok (not blocked), and I can get my balance via ATM, but am not able to get cash withdrawal.

The message on different machines is: "invalid amount" or "communiation error" I've tried with Bt.5k, 10k, 20k baht amounts.

It worked ok up until last week, but this week it's not good. It doesn't apply to the 24 hour rule, because this glitch has been going on (for me) for 3 days.

Anyone else experiencing recent problems with ATM's? Any bright ideas are appreciated.

Maybe a fraud mechanism kicked in?

Same thing happened to me a while back, and ended up having to get the bank in the US too send a replacement card.

Hope you have better luck. Also it was then that I set-up a monthly wire transfer as I never wanted to be broke here again

A similar thing happened to me last year (not Thailand, but using my card in a foreign country). I ended up having to talk to the security department of the bank issuing the card. Apparently they had disabled the card to operate at ATM machines. No reason given, but once the block was removed it worked fine.

thanks for the replies. However, I did call the service # on my card, and was told my account and atm card were ok. Next day (today) problem persisted.

Was curious whether my situation was isolated or whether others had experienced same glitch in recent days.

Ive had "communication error" before. When i tried the next day, worked fine. Was told that sometimes the line of communication is broken and the transaction cannot be made (sort of like the internet being down or something). Pain in the botty, i know, but at least nothing bad. I suggest just to try again tomorrow. Good luck.

edit: oh just noticed this has been three days running. Ive never had it happen three days running. Sorry, dont know what else to suggest! :o

Edited by eek

update from OP:

still most ATM's in C.Rai won't play ball with me, though did get some cash from a TMB (Thai Military Bank) machine 2 days ago. The downside is they take out 194 baht (fee?) with each dispensation.

Today, a SCB (Siam Commercial Bank) machine gave me money. An employee inside told me that their ATM is programmed to give up to Bt.200,000 per day, though it's in max 20,000 increments. Even with 20 baht per transaction, it's a great deal.

Up until today, I thought Bt.20k per day was max. I'm not rich, but I have to get a lump sum together for a house purchase here - balance due soon.