Root Trainers

jandtaa

can anyone help me locate a supplier of REX root trainer trays or similar in the chiang rai area as I don't fancy the trip down to jatujak where I guess I might find them.Also looking for standard modular seed trays.

cheers Jandtaa

no sorry the seed trays were an after thought to the root trainers that I'm really after and I was in a hurry and didn't make myself clear. Whilst in LOS I have only been able to find polystyrene modular trays or black polythene bags. What I am after is something like a super 40 celltray or deep plug propagation trays although inserts for a standard seed tray would also be suitable.

cheers Jandtaa

Edited by jandtaa

Hello jandtaa, would this work? Let me know if you find them, this was last Feb here in Korat, the guy was giving away 3 free tree samples and hoping you would buy more. I tried to find the a place that carried them.

One store in BKK has N/H 1020's, but no inserts. I did run across the round tubes like the USFS uses in tree farms in OR-WA, I will check with them again a it's my source of vermiculite here in Korat.

One ad in House Ag Magazine has what looks like your tray, 02 942 8252.

Your second picture of the folding cell is for rooting cuttings, Parks Seed use to sell them in the states, but 'bags' are used here for most things, I just got some that are 3-3/4"X12", not all stores have a good selection and you won't find these for sale at J-J.

rice555

post-37242-1217402138_thumb.jpg