Thaivisa Forums Get Really Slow At Times

aircut

Thaivisa forums get really slow and sluggish at times, to the extreme that the page just hangs there with only the top banner showing, the rest of the page late to come. traceroute and ping are in the normal range, what indicates a server overload.

forums like this are database generated and the cpu usage is high, especially at peak hours.

i think you need to upgrade your infrastructure to allow growth

cheers

thaifoodmaster

It's not the server(s). I have a very high speed connection at the university and load times seldom vary anytime of the day for me. That's between <1sec to max 3 seconds for a page load. :o Also, a new server has just been added. What ISP are you using?

It's not the server(s). I have a very high speed connection at the university and load times seldom vary anytime of the day for me. That's between <1sec to max 3 seconds for a page load. :o Also, a new server has just been added. What ISP are you using?

sme corporate account from loxinfo. with excellent speed (up to 90% of the advertise speed).

the pages simply hangs after the wide top google ads.

sme corporate account from loxinfo. with excellent speed (up to 90% of the advertise speed).

the pages simply hangs after the wide top google ads.

I run on a sme corporate account (CSloxinfo) as well and can confirm the above post. Pages hang. Sometimes the entire web site will not open. In my opinion that did not occur before the last maintenance.

Edited by webfact

Guest Reimar

Download SamSpade from Thaivisa Download and run a tracert to Thaivisa.com. Here you can see where is the weakpoint.

Please post the result here.

Thanks and cheers.

Download SamSpade from Thaivisa Download and run a tracert to Thaivisa.com. Here you can see where is the weakpoint.

Thanks and cheers.

Where is SamSpade in the download section? At my download speed, if it is anything like a youtube video, the download would take 15 to 95 minutes. I do not understand, but thanks, as always.

Guest Reimar

Thanks and cheers.

Where is SamSpade in the download section? At my download speed, if it is anything like a youtube video, the download would take 15 to 95 minutes. I do not understand, but thanks, as always.

Here is direct Link to SamSpade 1.14

Any question, please ask here or send PM.

Cheers.

Thanks and cheers.

today everything is at usable speed. I remember doing s traceroute with samspade when it first happened, but nothing special caught my eyes, i will do it again and post the results if n when i experience it again.

thaifoodmaster.

Thanks anyway, Reimar, but I will not bother. It took 25 minutes to download SamSpade onto my PC. Then - after I had started to execute the download - it told me to close all other applications (too late). Then it offered to install dozens of programs, many of which I had already installed before. By then I forgot what I wanted to do. Now that I do remember, it is not worth it. It would only tell me why my connection sometimes (maybe not at that instant) is impossibly slow and impossible to fix. Thanks, though.

I am using the same dial up as pb and up until yesterday it was slow slow (after the maintence). Today it seems to be back to normal (snail at top speed, kidding) but much better than past week.

• 2 weeks later...