Any Ideas?

lazyfarang2

Quick question....how do I get a job on an oil rig??

Tired of sitting at my desk, kissing ass all day and writing BS to make ppl buy things

Why would you want a job on an oil rig?

Foods crap, accomodation crap (most of the tme)

Stuck in the middle of the ocean for 6 months a year, ok home for 6 months a year as well (thats the good part)

If you are semi smart do not bother as you are over qualified, to get a good job like driller or toolpusher you need to be DADS

FD :o

You obviously haven't been on a rig lately, and if you had been on one it was probably back in the day when you had to sleep in a hammock in one of the legs.

Don't get me wrong there are some sh1t heaps out there - There is such a demand for drilling rigs at the moment I don't think Singapore Shipping yard can keep up. Rigs I have recently been on have been 2 man rooms en suite, mini LCD t.v with satellite channels, room cleaned and sheets changed regularly, top notch chefs serving a wide range of delicious/healthy food, and a well fitted out gym.

Thats not to mention that you wake up to a beautiful ocean view every morning. Work only six months of the year, tax free.

Each to their own, but I know that I would choose to work on the rigs if it was between that and spending 8 hours in an office 5 days a week!

choppy

Tired of sitting at my desk, kissing ass all day and writing BS to make ppl buy things

Stuck in the middle of the ocean for 6 months a year, ok home for 6 months a year as well (thats the good part)

If you are semi smart do not bother as you are over qualified, to get a good job like driller or toolpusher you need to be DADS

You obviously haven't been on a rig lately, and if you had been on one it was probably back in the day when you had to sleep in a hammock in one of the legs.

Don't get me wrong there are some sh1t heaps out there - There is such a demand for drilling rigs at the moment I don't think Singapore Shipping yard can keep up. Rigs I have recently been on have been 2 man rooms en suite, mini LCD t.v with satellite channels, room cleaned and sheets changed regularly, top notch chefs serving a wide range of delicious/healthy food, and a well fitted out gym.

Thats not to mention that you wake up to a beautiful ocean view every morning. Work only six months of the year, tax free.

Each to their own, but I know that I would choose to work on the rigs if it was between that and spending 8 hours in an office 5 days a week!

choppy

Yep, you are right about Singapore.

But I have yet to see a top notch chefs on rigs off Nigeria or Angola, the chefs off Australia where good, but that is not oten the case.

The newer rigs have all the latest TV, DVD and satellite TV, but if you are lucky to get an old scrapper, then you can forget the modern comforts, and this is not years ago I am speaking about.

But the money is good 6 months off a year and I 100% agree about sitting in an office, not for me.

Oh and as I am making this post I am enjoying the lovely ocean view off Indonesia, only 1 more week and then it is Hello honey I'm home

FD :D

choppy

Yep, you are right about Singapore.

But I have yet to see a top notch chefs on rigs off Nigeria or Angola, the chefs off Australia where good, but that is not oten the case.

The newer rigs have all the latest TV, DVD and satellite TV, but if you are lucky to get an old scrapper, then you can forget the modern comforts, and this is not years ago I am speaking about.

But the money is good 6 months off a year and I 100% agree about sitting in an office, not for me.

Oh and as I am making this post I am enjoying the lovely ocean view off Indonesia, only 1 more week and then it is Hello honey I'm home

FD :D

:D