My Fastest Visa Run Ever

My fastest visa run ever in Thailand and I made so many already. I mentioned it in another posting: Mr. Kim TravelAgency (077 377 274) sales a "fast visa run with mr. schumacher" (drivers words :D ) to Malaysia Sadao Border. It is not Sadao, but later more.

We (3 KP-longstayer), had to be on the early 05:00h Raja Ferry today (be there at 4:30 h, since it is never clear where the ferry starts (tide) and you may have to walk to the new pier from the ticket office (old pier). In Donsak a nice Toyota car waiting for us, like VIP's :D He asked polite if we maind to drive fast? I said let's go, we will tell you when we not happy. He agreed and starts the trip. The street is perfect (Khanom-Hat Yai) mostli large highway with not much traffic at this "early" time.

He drove 120 kmh consantly and brave. Nothing to complain.

We did not pass Hat Yai Center, only driving this speed all the way mostly. We learned from "mr.shumacher" that he knows a small border where we can walk from Thai to Malay and back. And indeed very small, very nice, quit lovely, see pictures taken today.

Border Name: Khuandon Immigration (see map below)

We were able to catch the 16:00 h Raja Ferry!

Was a nice comfortable journey with two nice guy's in a big Toyota. Very quiet drive.

He is a good driver and I can easely give you this information, a good way to make this visa run.

p.s. it was indeed very fast, just I need to mention that my entry visa which I had from Vientiane was expired the 29th. The extension from Samui Immigration expired the 30st.

I know its may idiotic fault, but it is also not very polite to let happen shit like that from the samui immigration officer.

post-56008-1217428671_thumb.jpg

post-56008-1217428720_thumb.jpg

post-56008-1217428745_thumb.jpg

post-56008-1217428805_thumb.jpg

post-56008-1217428990_thumb.jpg

post-56008-1217428861_thumb.jpg

post-56008-1217428927_thumb.jpg

post-56008-1217428967_thumb.jpg

thanks for the cool journey to all participated today, it's so cool to be back on the "Sand Bench Island" Ko Phangan today!

I was working once in Guinea (W-Africa) and there I have meet a older swiss guy living there for ages. When asking him, if he not would love to go once back there? He said only, when there is a flight the very same day back to Guinea! I know what he meant that time so long ago :o

My fastest visa run ever in Thailand and I made so many already. I mentioned it in another posting: Mr. Kim TravelAgency (077 377 274) sales a "fast visa run with mr. schumacher" (drivers words :D ) to Malaysia Sadao Border. It is not Sadao, but later more.

We (3 KP-longstayer), had to be on the early 05:00h Raja Ferry today (be there at 4:30 h, since it is never clear where the ferry starts (tide) and you may have to walk to the new pier from the ticket office (old pier). In Donsak a nice Toyota car waiting for us, like VIP's :o He asked polite if we maind to drive fast? I said let's go, we will tell you when we not happy. He agreed and starts the trip. The street is perfect (Khanom-Hat Yai) mostli large highway with not much traffic at this "early" time.

He drove 120 kmh consantly and brave. Nothing to complain.

We did not pass Hat Yai Center, only driving this speed all the way mostly. We learned from "mr.shumacher" that he knows a small border where we can walk from Thai to Malay and back. And indeed very small, very nice, quit lovely, see pictures taken today.

Border Name: Khuandon Immigration (see map below)

We were able to catch the 16:00 h Raja Ferry!

Was a nice comfortable journey with two nice guy's in a big Toyota. Very quiet drive.

4:30 at the Pier????? On Samui it means no sleep at all.

What time is the last ferry to Samui?

With the cut in flights and the high ticket costs unfortunately I will have to avoid airplane if I will need a border run, but i'm not going to get up at 3 am....

How much was the total cost of the trip?

With the cut in flights and the high ticket costs unfortunately I will have to avoid airplane if I will need a border run, but i'm not going to get up at 3 am....

1 Car Donsak - border - donsak, 5400 (3 person x 1700) + 2 x 280 Raja Ferry

Starting in Thongsala (Ko Phangan) 05:00 h Ferry, back 16:00 h Ferry to Ko Phangan

Starting in Thongsala (Ko Phangan) 05:00 h Ferry, back 16:00 h Ferry to Ko Phangan

Hi Ham,

I think i'll take this guy :o Thanks for your report !

So what is the exact total you paid for 1 person? 1700 + 280?

I recommend "Mr. Schumacher". He took us this morning at 5 : 30am on Suratthani town.

At 9 : 10am we were on Malaysia Border. We set out again at 9 : 40am and we arrived at Donsak pier at 1 : 35 pm.

An today At 4 : 30pm i was in my office :D

The guy drives fast but prudently :o

I recommend "Mr. Schumacher". He took us this morning at 5 : 30am on Suratthani town.

At 9 : 10am we were on Malaysia Border. We set out again at 9 : 40am and we arrived at Donsak pier at 1 : 35 pm.

An today At 4 : 30pm i was in my office

The guy drives fast but prudently

What is needed to make Mr. Shumacher start at 9/10:00?

Cannot understand all this urgency, expecially for people that need only a border run.

And how do you get to Surat Thani at 5:30 if the first ferry run at 5, arrival 6:30?

Seatran Ferry Donsak / Koh Samui (90 minutes)

Donsak to Samui 06.00 - 19.00 every hour

Samui to Donsak 05.00 - 18.00 every hour

Edited by lamai04

for those interested in the cheapest visa run ever and secure here's the how to :

take the big bus at 6h30 in nathon to hatyai : 410 bath

hatyai to the border : 150 by minibus

border to hatyai : 60 bath by big bus(walk out of the border , the first bus ticket seller on the left side)

night bus hatyai samui : 450 bath

total cost : 1070 bath half price but double time.

for those interested in the cheapest visa run ever and secure here's the how to :

take the big bus at 6h30 in nathon to hatyai : 410 bath

hatyai to the border : 150 by minibus

border to hatyai : 60 bath by big bus(walk out of the border , the first bus ticket seller on the left side)

night bus hatyai samui : 450 bath

total cost : 1070 bath half price but double time.

Good deal from Samui but from Koh Phangan ? :o

Many thanks

Last time I went. 1 hour 40 min to Penang with firefly started 16.00. (3500 baht)

Nice dinner and a evening with Carlsberg.

Got back next afternoon.

Nice relaxed trip. :o

Thats my kind of visarun. Think i will try that the next time! :D

Anyway, all you other people who seem to be in a real hurry (can´t beleive anybody would ever join a roadtrip with a guy that calls himself schumacher, but thats me, silly guy who prior safety on the trips and value my life perhaps to high), you guys should really try herberts visa-run. Say what you want about good old herbiebut he sure is fast!!!

Thats my kind of visarun. Think i will try that the next time! :o

Anyway, all you other people who seem to be in a real hurry (can´t beleive anybody would ever join a roadtrip with a guy that calls himself schumacher, but thats me, silly guy who prior safety on the trips and value my life perhaps to high), you guys should really try herberts visa-run. Say what you want about good old herbiebut he sure is fast!!!

i tried the visa trip with herbert(to go to malaysia buy a visa), it was not as described, the driver(thai) was driving correctly and in a safe manner, surely due to the previous accident that occured in mars.