Bar Rumours - Nancy Bar(!), Drunken Monkey

chickencurry

Read this thread with interest but got fed up with the rumours.

They split up, lots of heartache. One tried to keep it going and couldn't [heart wasn't in it]

The owner didn't put the rent up.

The restaurant was making a profit.

Very sad.

Now put it to rest and find another rumour to gossip about and get a sodding life please.

Whatever. All we want to know is if it is open and if it will be staying open.

what a sad story. i think any relationship has the potential to be put to the test in thailand. and when things get tough, you really find out who your friends are. i really liked those two fellas. they are funny, so so camp, but very genuine caring gentlemen. i can only wish them both the best of luck for their futures.

A new bar opens(!) The Nancy Bar (if that is what it's called) seemed to be open yesterday afternoon - lovely decor :o

Correct me if I am wrong, but in UK "English" isn't the word "Nancy" a term for a gay person?

Well, yes it used to be, but I haven't heard it used like that for many years. However, it is still a popular girl's name and also a town in the south of France.

A new bar opens(!) The Nancy Bar (if that is what it's called) seemed to be open yesterday afternoon - lovely decor :o

Correct me if I am wrong, but in UK "English" isn't the word "Nancy" a term for a gay person?

Careful.......I mentioned this in post #8 and got my wrist slapped.

Well, yes it used to be, but I haven't heard it used like that for many years. However, it is still a popular girl's name and also a town in the south of France.

And also the name of the ladyboy who's running the place. The barboy who is openly gay is not called Nancy. Confusing innit?

NANCY

Sorry to be picky, sadman, but people could waste a lot of time driving around the south of France looking for Nancy. It's very much in the north of France - departmental capital of Meurthe-et-Moselle, just south of Metz and level with Strasbourg. Local pride is very strong, and you have to be as careful there as you do, say, in Yorkshire or Texas!

Edited by papillon

NANCY

Sorry to be picky, sadman, but people could waste a lot of time driving around the south of France looking for Nancy. It's very much in the north of France - departmental capital of Meurthe-et-Moselle, just south of Metz and level with Strasbourg. Local pride is very strong, and you have to be as careful there as you do, say, in Yorkshire or Texas!

O.K.! Glad we got that straight :o