Marriage Visa / Retirement Visa Rules Still The Same?

I haven't had the time to get on Thai Visa forums for a while so I'm not really up to date on all the possibly new regulations. My mom's retirement visa will be due for renewal in November while my own marriage visa will be due for renewal in February.

- Last year, my mom used the "combined" option of B51,000 pension (B612,000 annually) and about B250,000 in the bank which totals to over the B800,000 requirement. Is that still possible (as of today)?

- For myself, I used the minimum of B40,000 overseas income per month, with a letter from my company certified by the embassy and my Thai bank statements. I also showed them some savings funds in Thailand on top, just in case. I applied for my visa in mid-2006 though, so I'm still grandfathered on the "400k in the bank" rule if I ever had to go back to that one.

I just wanted to quick check if these are both still current and still "grandfathered". :o

I haven't had the time to get on Thai Visa forums for a while so I'm not really up to date on all the possibly new regulations. My mom's retirement visa will be due for renewal in November while my own marriage visa will be due for renewal in February.

- Last year, my mom used the "combined" option of B51,000 pension (B612,000 annually) and about B250,000 in the bank which totals to over the B800,000 requirement. Is that still possible (as of today)?

- For myself, I used the minimum of B40,000 overseas income per month, with a letter from my company certified by the embassy and my Thai bank statements. I also showed them some savings funds in Thailand on top, just in case. I applied for my visa in mid-2006 though, so I'm still grandfathered on the "400k in the bank" rule if I ever had to go back to that one.

I just wanted to quick check if these are both still current and still "grandfathered". :o

Same terms are quite OK for dear old Mum Rainman. You however, may have a problem, in that you changed from the cash in bank to monthly income system. Go and chat to 'em in Immigration asap.

You however, may have a problem, in that you changed from the cash in bank to monthly income system. Go and chat to 'em in Immigration asap.

Rainman. You can still revert back. But it will depend on where you apply.

A lot of offices will not want to do so.

Thanks for the quick replies, guys :o I'll try and visit the forums more often again...

Anyways, I don't really need to change back to the 400k in the bank option. It would be easier as right now I can show both 400k in the bank and 40k per month overseas income. So then I wouldn't need to show the embassy letter on top, but either way is fine. :D

...For myself, I used the minimum of B40,000 overseas income per month, with a letter from my company certified by the embassy and my Thai bank statements...

Rainman, if I remember correctly from an earlier post of yours you get your income certification letter from the Swiss embassy and I am curious to know what fee they charge for it.

--

Maestro