Signs Being Removed In Walking Street

beginner

post-55160-1217655421_thumb.jpgpost-55160-1217655375_thumb.jpg This morning Sat 2nd August there are several vehicles and teams of workers removing and taking away the illuminated signs in Walking Street.

Is this part of the new Mayor's clean up or is it something else?

First the trees along the beach footpath now Walking Street. What next?

post-55160-1217655421_thumb.jpgpost-55160-1217655375_thumb.jpg This morning Sat 2nd August there are several vehicles and teams of workers removing and taking away the illuminated signs in Walking Street.

Is this a green initiative thing'ey, reducing the carbon foot print of Walking St.

BB

This morning Sat 2nd August there are several vehicles and teams of workers removing and taking away the illuminated signs in Walking Street.

Is this a green initiative thing'ey, reducing the carbon foot print of Walking St.

BB

Just realized there maybe other explanations:

1. Maybe there is a rule that all illuminated sign boxes must be Neon.
  2. Maybe big companies are not allowed to advertise in Walking St.
  3. Maybe these big companies rules on ethics will not allow them to pay their license fee for sign boxes without an Official Invoice.
  4. Maybe those sign boxes obscured those of "Places of Interest"

BB

One thing I noticed about the signs being removed is that they appear to only be removing the ones that over-hang Walking Street, i.e., they are perpenticular to the street. The same signs that run flat along the same plane of the stores themselves seem to be left alone. Probably some safety regulation that signs cannot over-hang the "sidewalk."

One thing I noticed about the signs being removed is that they appear to only be removing the ones that over-hang Walking Street, i.e., they are perpenticular to the street. The same signs that run flat along the same plane of the stores themselves seem to be left alone. Probably some safety regulation that signs cannot over-hang the "sidewalk."

They did this Chiang Mai, so it sounds correct.

Personally, I hope they remove all of the neon signs along Walking Street. They just act as an attraction for the Chinese and Korean "moths" who insist on blocking the street with their utterly ridiculous, flag-led or roped-together, tour parties, whilst never spending a single Baht in any bar. It might keep some of the other tightwad nationalities away, too. Who needs them? Not Walking street, for sure. [/rant]

no no no the only reason is everybody in pattaya must be able to see THE BIGGER TOWER OF THAILAND in jomtien OCEAN 1

the only one tourist atraction for tourist and resident ...................coming soon

and the management promised same visit price for thai and farang the day April first ....................

Personally, I hope they remove all of the neon signs along Walking Street. They just act as an attraction for the Chinese and Korean "moths" who insist on blocking the street with their utterly ridiculous, flag-led or roped-together, tour parties, whilst never spending a single Baht in any bar. It might keep some of the other tightwad nationalities away, too. Who needs them? Not Walking street, for sure. [/rant]

Who goes for neon signs to Walking? Come on, that is part of the story!

Or would you like to see candles along Walking?

:o