2 Ladies Steal Gold

crocken

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Whether or not it's BS, I'm waiting to see what principle the OP is trying to teach us. Some people get it, so why not share it with us? I wait with bated breath.

Note: The OP has never returned. The troll warning metre hits X-High and hopefully Mods give this idiot a kick in the ass warning too......

The scenario as described by the OP is definitely a scam. His TG and her friend are expecting the farang to make up their losses.

I once had an ex-TW ask me if she could take out finance on our car, which mistakenly had ended up in her name and not mine (actually, it wasn't that much of a mistake but more due to the ex-TW's misinformation at the time). Several months after my refusal to finance the car and having been away from Thailand for a few months I was cleaning the car and found finance company documentation in the glove box.

The ex-TW's story: was out shopping in Buri Ram when a woman approach me and my girlfriend. She talked about a job opportunity and asked to talk more over lunch. Next thing the ex-TW says she remembers is waking up in a hotel room in Bangkok with having sold the car, presumably to the woman and accomplices. Ex-TW apparently found where the car was and bought it back on finance so I wouldn't notice it missing.

A complete BS story.

1. ex-TW says that the lady rubbed something on her wrist and used blakc magic to make her forget everything - BS !

2. the ex-TW and her GF wake up in 2 hotel roooms in Bangkok more than 24 hours later, yet neither goes to the hospital to see if they have been raped or report the incident to the police

3. the scammers have "conveniently" left the sales document from the car dealer in my ex-TW's hotel room allowing her to return an d organise toi buy back the car on finance

4. none of the gold the ex-TW or her girlfriend were wearing was missing, nor the ex-TW's wedding ring

5. the end result was that the car which had been paid for in cash was now financed which is what the ex-TW had wanted earlier but been refused

as I said, a complete BS story which explains why she's the ex-TW.

My current TW was scammed out of 80,000Bt at Fortune Tower mall. Wouldn't have fooled too many farangs but it was a well put together and elaborate scam and combined with the trusting naievety of a young upcountry girl in the big city was executed successfully. No question the TW is telling the truth on this one as she admits her own stupidity in falling for it.

alright..... so Im giving everyone the benefit of the doubt and will read this as: the OP and those that have allegedly been scammed (by whatever method) want to warn fellow earth-beings.

so basic lesson (I gather): dont trust strangers. exercise caution and judgement and be on the alert for overtly friendly gestures from strangers.

if you decide to trust and take strangers advise on something, or go with them some where, again alert someone as to what you are doing.

if you wish to discuss the merits (within legitimate and legal boundaries) of certain drugs and medicines, I suggest you take it to the health and medicine subforum.

with the above, Im closing this thread. and thanks everyone for your contribution. enjoy life, but stay wise :o

cheers.