Buddha Tattoo On Forearm - Is It Ok ?

jbeck

Well - I have one, and it occured to me that it may be frowned upon or be considered disrespectful by Thai people?

Does anyone know the answer to this question (no guess work - please)?

Or maybe another website/forum where I can find out?

Thanks in advane,

Jeff

Well - I have one, and it occured to me that it may be frowned upon or be considered disrespectful by Thai people?

Does anyone know the answer to this question (no guess work - please)?

Or maybe another website/forum where I can find out?

Thanks in advane,

Jeff

It is just fine....

It will only be frowned upon by those who do not like tattoos.

Besides, you already have it...

If you have other ink on the same arm, the placement of something else above it might be considered "less than optimal", depending upon what it is. Something to consider if you do not have, and are considering adding some in the future.

Edited by mgjackson69

I have found the same issue two from lay people when i tell them how badly I want a Thai Prayer on my back. I thought it was commonly accepted. When i brought this up recently to my local Theravada community they said it is like Amulates, you do not need tattoos or amulates to keep you strong as its external adornment, everything you need is internal..

Good Question as i always get different reviews but at the end of the day it is your decision and you are not hurting or affecting anyone else so if you are happy then thats all that matters BUT i do understand the awkwardness you may feel sometimes when it is looked down upon and I guess that may be hard for you.