Large Passenger Buses On Koh Phangan

Does anyone know why the large passenger buses are transported to the island daily by ferry from Donsak? Surely there must be some reason. I would think that they could store them in Donsak. It seems like a tremendous waste of space and energy to haul them everyday to this island.

It is the 999 Goverment bus and has been running direct from the island for several years now.

But nobody uses the bus until it is unloaded in Donsak, so why wouldn't they just leave the buses there and people could do the same thing they are doing now, which is getting on the bus in Donsak after riding the boat? Why bring the buses all the way to the islands for storage?

I have never asked. Besides, when I have loads of luggage the last thing I want to do is haul it off the bus, onto the boat and then off the boat again when we get to Koh P.

It is the 999 Goverment bus and has been running direct from the island for several years now.

But nobody uses the bus until it is unloaded in Donsak, so why wouldn't they just leave the buses there and people could do the same thing they are doing now, which is getting on the bus in Donsak after riding the boat? Why bring the buses all the way to the islands for storage?

Commission? :o