First 30 Day Visa Exempt Run At Mae Sai

Hi,

I am an American currently in Chiang Mai. I have used up all entries of my "3 entry" Tourist Visa. I have also used up the 30 day extension on my last visa entry. Now I intend to make my first 30 day visa exempt run at the Mae Sai border this month. I have an open return ticket out of Thailand which cannot be confirmed since it is a free airline staff ticket. I used the first part of the air ticket to enter Thailand and I have the boarding pass to prove it.

I have two questions:

1. Will my inability to confirm the air ticket on a particular date within 30 days of entry create a problem in acquiring the the 30 day visa exempt stamp at the border?

2. In case of refusal of the 30 day visa exempt entry will the Mae Sai border immigration grant me a few days to enter Thailand in order for me to depart from Bangkok since my return air ticket is from Bangkok?

Would appreciate some advice.

Thanks

Mario, Thanks for your response. I probably won't get asked for the onwards confirmed ticket.

http://www.thaivisa.com/border-run/require...rds-travel.html

However as per the above link there is a slight possibility that the Thai immigration at the Mae Sai border could ask for a confirmed onwards ticket. If they do, will they accept an uncomfirmed ticket? If not will they give me a few days in Thailand to collect my belongings and exit Thailand by air from Bangkok?

Has anyone experienced this before? Would appreciate if you could share your experience.

Thanks

You do not need to show an airline ticket out of the country. Just cross the border, come back and get a 30 day permitted to stay stamp.