Fungicide For Plumeria

Spacer

Plumeria ?? - plumeria - the same as Frangapani?? Yes/No

If yes - the stuff you want (and yes - it is a commonly avalible product in Thailand) is SCORE - made by Syngenta.

You could spray, but no need to panic. Read bellow. They look better naked and produce better flowers.

When it dries out a little bit, the leaves come back!

"A rust fungus lives in symbiosis with the Plumeria plants. Under wet conditions the fungus that lives throughout the plant will "bloom" and produce an abundant crop of orange spores on the underside of the leaves. They are very similar to the spores of fern plants visible on the underside of the fronds. The rust that is living on all Plumerias of the world will induce defoliation of the plant. It is a natural process that allows the plant to enter dormancy during the dry season of the year. Funginex, Bayleton or Plantvax fungicides can be used to control the rust symptoms."

We have a little over 200 Plumerias on our property. When I first started growing them I was getting freaked out by the rust dots. I started religiously spraying & since then have found out (at least in Bang Sare) all the plumerias have the rust, & if you leave them alone they will do fine. The leaves will naturally fall off -especially at certain times of year.

One of the few trees that only require some water(not a ton) & an occasional sprinkling of fertilizer & or Quai key. I knock off the yellow leaves every 2-3 days. Plumerias are a super hardy plant-tree & seem to rebound quickly from most anything. Don't panic. The rust is normal & the leaves changing are also normal.