Visa Options

I work offshore and my shift has changed from 1 month on/off to 2 months on/off, so I will no longer be able to live in the country on the tourist visa on arrival as I will now be in the country for 120 out of 180 days. I am unable to apply for the 2 month tourist visa before returning home because my work is in Venezuela and I don't belive there is a Thai embassy there. I am single and under 50 so both those visas are out of the question. Is the investment visa or buisness visa possible if I have investment property in Thailand? Any advice would be appreciated, I don't want to have to waste my time off messing around with visas.

Thanks

I work offshore and my shift has changed from 1 month on/off to 2 months on/off, so I will no longer be able to live in the country on the tourist visa on arrival as I will now be in the country for 120 out of 180 days. I am unable to apply for the 2 month tourist visa before returning home because my work is in Venezuela and I don't belive there is a Thai embassy there. I am single and under 50 so both those visas are out of the question. Is the investment visa or buisness visa possible if I have investment property in Thailand? Any advice would be appreciated, I don't want to have to waste my time off messing around with visas.

Thanks

As you have had no response, I'll give it a go.

What you really need is a Multi Entry Non Imm O Visa. This would enable you to come and go as many times as you wish for up to 15 months.

You do not say where you are from so I do not know where or if you could apply for this.

Now I have pushed this up the list it might be spotted by someone who will know.

Edited by Lite Beer

You do not say where you are from so I do not know where or if you could apply for this.

Now I have pushed this up the list it might be spottet by someone who will know.

Some business brokerage firms offer some investment visa assistance. They provide you with the information you will need as well as the documents required. I know cause I've been to one. They instructed me to to go Hull in Uk or Stuttgart in Germany. I'm sure they have a list of the Thai embassy that is nearest to you. Why not ask one of the sponsors in Thai visa? I'm sure they know. There are 2 of them here **wink** :o

What you really need is a Multi Entry Non Imm O Visa. This would enable you to come and go as many times as you wish for up to 15 months.

Lite Beer,

Just a thought and by no means at all I want to criticize you as the seasoned poster. Don’t you think so that by your wording (I noticed it the last few weeks) that an applicant gets up to 15 months might get into the wrong throat especially to newbies once they see their visa stamps in their passports.

As you also know, every Multiple Non-O-Visa applicant gets in fact 12 months from/at the date of application that he can stretch up to 15 months by a border run just prior expiry of his present visa.

I hope this does not stir any controversy. Best wishes to Khon Kaen.

Thanks

Nacho

You an American?  Brit?  If American, I wonder if you could just FedEx, DHL, UPS you passport out to a Thai consulate in the U.S. for a Non-O 12 month multiple entry visa.  Alternatively, send via same means to the Thai Embassy in Mexico City?

Alternatively, where is your company's HQ?  Might they be able to assist in handling your passport while it's enroute back and forth to a Thai consulate?

Mac

Lite Beer,

Just a thought and by no means at all I want to criticize you as the seasoned poster. Don’t you think so that by your wording (I noticed it the last few weeks) that an applicant gets up to 15 months might get into the wrong throat especially to newbies once they see their visa stamps in their passports.

As you also know, every Multiple Non-O-Visa applicant gets in fact 12 months from/at the date of application that he can stretch up to 15 months by a border run just prior expiry of his present visa.

I hope this does not stir any controversy. Best wishes to Khon Kaen.

Nice to know you agree with me.

Just letting people know that they can get 15 months out of it.

Best wishes from Khon Kaen to wherever you are in Isaan. We have to stick together. :o

The only seasoned thing about me is my Birth Certificate.

Nacho

You an American? Brit? If American, I wonder if you could just FedEx, DHL, UPS you passport out to a Thai consulate in the U.S. for a Non-O 12 month multiple entry visa. Alternatively, send via same means to the Thai Embassy in Mexico City?

Alternatively, where is your company's HQ? Might they be able to assist in handling your passport while it's enroute back and forth to a Thai consulate?

Mac

I am Canadian, and my company HQ is in Sharja UAE. Sending my passport sounds like a good idea if in a country other than Venezuela, but there is no way I am going to part with my passport there. Every time we get parts Fedexed to the vessel they get held up in customs for 2 to 3 months. I would probably get stranded there and it's not the most exiting or safest countries to be in.

I didn't realise the investment visa was discontinued. Seems strange considering I was just reading the blog about Gen Chatchawan trying to restore investor confidence in Thailand. It seems to me that people in similar situations as me with a decient income all coming from outside the country would be the exact kind of people they would like to have in the country and to invest in the country. Yet I am having trouble getting information on a visa that will work for me. Talked to two lawyers and both said to get a tourist visa in my home country before I come, even though I rarely go there.

Can you tell me what the requirements for the Non-O 12 month multiple entry visa are? All it seems to say here is that it has to be applied for outside South East Asia.

Can you tell me what the requirements for the Non-O 12 month multiple entry visa are? All it seems to say here is that it has to be applied for outside South East Asia.

This is the website of the Thai Embassy in Ottawa. It does not look too hopeful. But give them a ring

The best bet to get a Multi Entry Non O would be Hull in UK. Which is probably not much help to you.

http://www.magma.ca/~thaiott/visa3.htm

Consulate in Hull. It might be worth you giving them a ring.

http://www.thaiconsul-uk.com/visas1.asp

This is the website of the Thai Embassy in Ottawa. It does not look too hopeful. But give them a ring

The best bet to get a Multi Entry Non O would be Hull in UK. Which is probably not much help to you.

http://www.magma.ca/~thaiott/visa3.htm

Consulate in Hull. It might be worth you giving them a ring.

http://www.thaiconsul-uk.com/visas1.asp

Coincidentally, a friend of mine applied for it in Istanbul and got a 1 year multiple non-b visa. I was also informed Jordan issues this kind. both countries are nearer and safer (i suppose) in contrast to sending your passport overseas. At this time, the worst thing that could happen to you is to lose your passport. Best of luck.