Bangkok Bank

I'm going to check with my bank since I have a 4 month 3% which is/has expired to see about the 3.8%. I suspect it is up to the specific branch and/or manager because the Bangkok bank shows no restrictions as such.

I'm going to check with my bank since I have a 4 month 3% which is/has expired to see about the 3.8%. I suspect it is up to the specific branch and/or manager because the Bangkok bank shows no restrictions as such.

Also--was in Bangkok bank yesterday and they were actively trying to sell me the new Fixed rate 5 month 3.8 % account to me--and I don't look Thai at all nor spoke it to them.

Also--was in Bangkok bank yesterday and they were actively trying to sell me the new Fixed rate 5 month 3.8 % account to me--and I don't look Thai at all nor spoke it to them.

I checked it out online and found out the same thing. Poor us.

I had a email flyer from Bangkok Bank today offering;

"Bangkok Bank has launched a new five-month fixed deposit with an interest rate

of 3.80 percent per annum. The minimum deposit is 50,000 Bt and maximum is 5,000,000 Bt. The new rate will be available from August 4-18, 2008 at any branch."

I replied asking if this was open to all and here is their reply;

"Thank you for your email.

Yes, you can open this fixed deposit at any Bangkok Bank branch. Pls bring your passport and work permit along. On the other hand, if you can get 2 or more persons to open account, we’ll be glad to come to your office.

Thank you and kind regards,"

Hope this helps the OP

My GF works at Bangkok Bank, this offer is available for foreigners with the only condition being that you need a work permit!

If you still can't get any success PM I you can contact her and she will sort it out for you. She works at a very central branch..

Good luck...

ashley..

Can we get internet banking on our accounts yet with BB? They told me farang weren't allowed when I opened mine, maybe this was a branch problem....?

Oz

I think you'll find that many of our members have internet banking w/ BB. Try again at your branch.

I think you'll find that many of our members have internet banking w/ BB. Try again at your branch.

I've had it at BB for several years but did have to show my work permit. Seems others have had luck without needing one though.

Got my internet banking with BB last year with just a 12 month non-O. When I first enquired they said if I didn't have a WP then I would need a 12 month visa plus a certificate of residence. In the end I didn't need the certificate of residence. The whole process took about 20 minutes, but had to wait about a week to use it for paper work to be processed.

I think most of the bank tellers will be happy to assist if you are really interested. They are all set targets of how many of these new accts they should be selling.

One bank teller at a local branch said they had been set a target of 14m baht

So given the fact that the offer is only on for about 2 weeks I'm sure they will be happy to oblige!

Can we get internet banking on our accounts yet with BB? They told me farang weren't allowed when I opened mine, maybe this was a branch problem....?

Oz

Definately just the branch you went too, I tried to open an account a couple of months ago with internet banking at the micro-branch in Jungceylon, Patong, Phuket and they said I could have an account without online banking because i was farang, said thanks but no thanks, stood up, walked down to the larger branch on Rat-U-Thit Road who were more than happy to oblige and gave me everything I asked for including internet banking

Edited by mjperry

Checking on the 3.8% for BBL, their HO confirmed to me that Non-Imm B Visa holders with work permits, plus other long stay visa holders (including "O" etc), usually showing a multiple re-entry permit with a one year period on it, are eligible for the offer; Tourist visas and visa-on-arrival folks are not eligible.

They mentioned that the ad on their homepage is a link for contacting them on this offer, and someone will call you back if more info is needed.

The same conditions as above apply for internet banking. If you check their internet banking brochure, you'll find that the condition is "or" work permit, its not a must.

Thanachart Bank is offering 5% on fixed deposits and the amounts can be up to Baht 5 million.

:o

You can see the rates at TB

They have promotions at various locations on different days.

Happy money making!

:D

Edited by ilyushin

• 2 weeks later...
Went yesterday to move some money from a fixed 3 month rate 2.37 to this new offer of 3.80 for 5 months but was informed that this offer is only for Thai's not us poor Farang. :o

Ok opened the account 3.8% but i had to have my wifes name in the book.I am wondering by having her name in the savings account book if this will affect my Visa application when i have to renew it as previously it should the 800,000 in my name only. :D