Buddha Dogs

lannarebirth

Can only human beings attain Nirvana?

I've got a dog. He's special. he gave everyone he ever met, exactly what they needed at that moment. Sure, he had an attachment or two, if you count balls, sticks and what not; but he renounced those things in the end. He never really cared for food, except to sustain himself to live in this moment. He was the living embodiment of metta. while the soidogs wold gather round he'd simply remain calm, send out his loving energy, and they seemed to forget why it was they meant to disturb him. Except for balls and sticks (which meant less to him at the end), and me (which is only my own delusion) he clung to nothing but beauty and peace and fun. Arahant at least. huh?m I sure hope there's something to this rebirth.

Sorry to hear of your loss. Dogs are the biz.

he was special Cophen, Everyone who evr met him said so, and it was true. the Vet said he'll come back as my son agian, but I'm not sure that's good enough for him. He deserves the best of whatevwer this universe has in store. Yes, he wasthat good. Thanks for rsponding to someone obviously drunk and sad. Your're a compassiomate fellow. Still. I've only met a few monks more unattached and fullof loving

kindness than my Sonny Boy was.

Edited by lannarebirth