Ing Funds Thailand

Logged on to INGFUNDS Thailand but unable to retrieve their contact details.

Wish to request literature and an application form on their mutual funds.

Do you need to go through a bank as you would do if you invested in AJF mutual funds, i.e. Bank of Ayudhya?

No, you can deal directly with them. From memory there is a subscription form and a contribution form in their web site which you need to complete and post to them (with - I think - a copy of your passport and bank account). Don't bother emailing them about anything - you'll be pushing up daisies before you get a reply. Suggest you complete the form, post and then make a follow-up phone call to ensure they received it.

I believe you can deal direct, though as you highlight, they don't make it clear who you go to. I deal with them thru my bank for convenience. Plus when it comes to money affairs in Thailand, it's always nice to get a receipt there and then off someone, for when it goes wrong... :o

On their website they have all the forms and who you can go to under the Investor Services tab: I believe there's an on-line option, but I've never used that either... :D

http://www.ingfunds.co.th/EN/InvestorServi...ationsForms.asp

http://www.ingfunds.co.th/EN/InvestorServi...orsServices.asp

Edited by AFKAFSinLOS

No, you can deal directly with them. From memory there is a subscription form and a contribution form in their web site which you need to complete and post to them (with - I think - a copy of your passport and bank account). Don't bother emailing them about anything - you'll be pushing up daisies before you get a reply. Suggest you complete the form, post and then make a follow-up phone call to ensure they received it.

I don't think I'd want to deal with an international investment firm that never replies to email or puts me in a postition where I have to contact them to confirm they received my money.

Are you serious about ING having such awful customer service?

I don't think I'd want to deal with an international investment firm that never replies to email or puts me in a postition where I have to contact them to confirm they received my money.

Are you serious about ING having such awful customer service?

Always best to go in or ring them. Get the card from the person at the desk and email from there. I've got two funds with these guys, BRIC and a SET good corporate governance fund. Khun Wan-Anong who I met at their offices has always been prompt in replying to my emails and has been very quick in facliltating any buy/sell and establishment of internet trading with them.

Mate, scroll down this list to the thread about checking business names. I added a post this morning about my frustration with Thai businesses and govt depts and their inability to manage email competently.

This is a VERY very common problem in LOS. They just cannot get their act together. With ING I sent many emails (about different matters over a period of time) and got no response at all. When I posted in my form then I DID get an email from them and - most importantly a name and personal email address. That person was very helpful. This is a common pattern. Often the person you deal with will be using a hotmail or yahoo address (probably the organisational email system doesn't work or something) and once you are dealing them one on one, all is well. But as for an email sent to a general address from a stranger - well - you might as well try sending smoke signals!