Salvage / Breakers Yards?

Hi

Just wondering if Thailand has any salvage/breakers yards. We are moving to Phuket but may be moving on to somewhere else in LOS. I like to tinker with cars and like to wander around the breakers to see what goodies they have.....(sad I know)

Thanks in advance

<<<Dan (on Louise's I.D)

Hi

Just wondering if Thailand has any salvage/breakers yards. We are moving to Phuket but may be moving on to somewhere else in LOS. I like to tinker with cars and like to wander around the breakers to see what goodies they have.....(sad I know)

Thanks in advance

<<<Dan (on Louise's I.D)

Patum Wan Bangkok and Bang Na. There are no existing junk yards in Thailand. If the car is damaged, ther rip the car of and sale the parts. Any leftovers go the "Chang Kilo" which mean Steel Shops.

Hi

Thanks in advance

<<<Dan (on Louise's I.D)

I thought for many years here (Chiang Mai), like Stingray, that there was no such thing as a breaker's (scrap) yard in Thailand.

Then in a search for old headlights for an old truck I found one. Know the big fly-over junction close to Big C? Look on the opposite side. You access it on the left as you come down the "New" Sankampaeng Rd, just before you take the fly over straight on towards the airport. Prices rise for white faces, of course, but they are pleasant, efficient people. The men part strip the old vehicles and fairly efficiently put most parts on shelves, while 2 women sit at the desk and bargain and take your money!

Much more high tech is the huge used parts warehouse on the 'old' Borsang/Sankampaeng Rd. As you leave Superhighway up this road it's on the right in about 1km. Look for all the electric vehicles and fork lift trucks for sale outside.

Turn right into the soi, look right and you'll be Amazed. Complete halves of BMWs hanging from racks, trim, back axles, whole engines (you can hear them running before you buy) the lot!

And 50m down the same soi on the right at the Fuchs (it's a German motor oil) sign is Daychar, the best classic car mechanic (and best priced!) I've ever found.

No English in any of these establishments, by the way.

I have a classic car chum in Phuket. I'll ask him about that part of the world and get back to you.

Thanks guys, thats a great help. My mother is in CM so that would be ideal.

Better be double quick re the yard opposite Big C. I looked in yesterday, thinking of you, and found that a big clean up is taking place in that whole area.

Most of their stuff in the yard has gone, ie all the engines, transmissions and chassis but the sheds with all the small stuff are still there at present. Seems like not for long, though.

The warehouse I mentioned will be your best bet.

• Thanks 1

One of the big ones in Chiangmai is "Chiangmai Siang Kong". It is on the Super Highway the same side as Lanna Hospital but a bit further south. I've bought quite a few diesel engines and a crane off them over the years. They generally have small Tadano (or similar) truck cranes stacked outside and then a couple of acres of engines undercover inside plus the usual half cars.

They supply sub dealers in various other towns in the north.

• Thanks 1

• 2 years later...

hi i am yr tipcle englishman now living in thailand , Phroa, and we have a garage doing vary well , employing 6 people, but i am now looking for a car or pic-up to repair and sell on after a total overhall . The truth is that i like doing it but also it keeps my staff bisy when we dont have something in for them to do not often but we do have times when its like this! I find it difficult to find such vehicles that need a total strip at the right price.

If anyone has the information or can point me in the right dirrection i would be gratefull. [email protected]

• 2 months later...

One of the big ones in Chiangmai is "Chiangmai Siang Kong". It is on the Super Highway the same side as Lanna Hospital but a bit further south. I've bought quite a few diesel engines and a crane off them over the years. They generally have small Tadano (or similar) truck cranes stacked outside and then a couple of acres of engines undercover inside plus the usual half cars.

They supply sub dealers in various other towns in the north.

it's nice to read something about clsic car as i am doing up 5 series bmw and i am looking for a dash board can anyone direct me to the right place david Moorland

• 3 weeks later...

Hi evryone another day in a wonderfull land!

I a, looking for a seconhand dashboard for a 5 Series BMW , the car i am doing up / restoring is a 1984 BMW 5 Series and i am looking for a moderner dash-board or consul , that will update the car, if there is anyone out there can help me i would be gratefull. I am in Phroa , North of Chang Mai , i will travel for the part so distance is not the issue , please if you should know don't try to retired of the sale ! ha .............hope you get my meaning!

You can contact me via my email [email protected]

Many thanks David

13/06/20111